You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

18 minutes ago, Neil G said:

They’re not just shitposting, they’re shouting as loud as they can at him to listen to the scientists and support the unions, and he’s made it clear he’s not listening. Even now with his call for a national lockdown he still isn’t saying schools should close. On this occasion I think their frustration spilling over into insults can be forgiven.

For a Labour leader to remain silent while public servants and their unions call for action to protect themselves and save thousands of lives is unforgivable. I’m struggling to think of a bigger fuck you from a Labour leader to a core part of the Labour coalition in my lifetime.

They have been shitposting like this for months. They’ll jump in with both feet over any old shit. The rest, whilst I’ve been saying for a long time schools need to close (seems crazy to have schools act differently during a lockdown), just seems like a hell of an overstatement. The biggest fuck you from a Labour leader? Come on now. He was the one saying there needed to be a circuit break during the school holidays so that it wasn’t needed. Although I don’t agree with not shutting schools, I also see the validity of the counter arguments. It’s not a one way street. The detrimental impact of the closures on children has been documented by ofsted and will likely be felt for years to come. 

What annoys me about this sort of thing is that he can’t do anything. Nothing. They didn’t listen to him over a circuit break. They won’t listen to him about anything, of course. They don’t need to. He is leading the weakest Labour Party in generations. The target needs to be the Tories, they’re the ones in power, not the Labour Party. 

Making out that not supporting an extra week or two of the Christmas holidays is the biggest fuck you to parts of the Labour movement in your lifetime, when we’ve had Blair pushing for the Iraq war and removing clause 4, seems way over the top to me. 

Of course schools need to close. 

It was always sketchy to suggest kids didn't spread this, always. 

The vaccines can't come quick enough, and if we do truly cover children's education above all else then we need a vaccine for the kids to make them less transmissible.  The vulnerable can shelter for a while longer.  

If you disagree then I can't believe it's coming from a place where you actually give a shit about the children.  

43 minutes ago, Numero said:

They have been shitposting like this for months. They’ll jump in with both feet over any old shit. The rest, whilst I’ve been saying for a long time schools need to close (seems crazy to have schools act differently during a lockdown), just seems like a hell of an overstatement. The biggest fuck you from a Labour leader? Come on now. He was the one saying there needed to be a circuit break during the school holidays so that it wasn’t needed. Although I don’t agree with not shutting schools, I also see the validity of the counter arguments. It’s not a one way street. The detrimental impact of the closures on children has been documented by ofsted and will likely be felt for years to come. 

What annoys me about this sort of thing is that he can’t do anything. Nothing. They didn’t listen to him over a circuit break. They won’t listen to him about anything, of course. They don’t need to. He is leading the weakest Labour Party in generations. The target needs to be the Tories, they’re the ones in power, not the Labour Party. 

Making out that not supporting an extra week or two of the Christmas holidays is the biggest fuck you to parts of the Labour movement in your lifetime, when we’ve had Blair pushing for the Iraq war and removing clause 4, seems way over the top to me. 

Hmm? Wasnt someone sacked over spouting the veiws you've outlined above? 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/apr/29/schools-must-only-reopen-when-safe-says-rebecca-long-bailey

45 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The vaccines can't come quick enough, and if we do truly cover children's education above all else then we need a vaccine for the kids to make them less transmissible.  The vulnerable can shelter for a while longer.  

If you disagree then I can't believe it's coming from a place where you actually give a shit about the children.  

Well as very fewx kids or teachers have died of covid your " cant give a shit about the children" line seems a bit over dramatic or as an assumption you seem to be just toeing the latest government/media line here without no reasonable data to say our children are at great risk. 

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

Yeah cunt of a man

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Hmm? Wasnt someone sacked over spouting the veiws you've outlined above? 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/apr/29/schools-must-only-reopen-when-safe-says-rebecca-long-bailey

No? Are you under the ridiculous delusion that she was sacked for saying that, as you’ve mentioned it a couple of times now. That was months before her sacking. What? 

But even if she was, what would that matter? I’m not a Labour member, supporter, or employee. 

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Well as very fewx kids or teachers have died of covid your " cant give a shit about the children" line seems a bit over dramatic or as an assumption you seem to be just toeing the latest government/media line here without no reasonable data to say our children are at great risk. 

Well, as children are children and teachers tend now to be on the better end of the age spectrum and therefore not as likely to come to harm, I'm not surprised.  

But that's not the complete picture though, is it, you sociopath. 

Casual googling reveals scores of teachers and TA's dying, but that's just one factor out of many at play here.  It'll be interesting to see if you have the mental capacity to name me 4 or 5 other factors. 

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

As a father of 2, a grandad of 5 and classed as extremely clinically vulnerable, I would happily do that as there is nothing more important than children.

I'm not sure a separate vaccine to make kids less transmissible is that high on the government's list of priorities at the moment unless a new variant of the virus forces a shift in policy.

But one thing we can be sure of is should this happen, the government's response will be too little too late.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That's because the interviewer was Michael Gove in disguise, or that's how it seemed.

You never hear that twat interrogating Tories like that.

Yep. I don't think it was that bad. It was fairly clear what Starmer was saying (and doing). It was weird to see the opposition being held to what appeared to be a higher level of scrutiny than the government. 

9 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That's because the interviewer was Michael Gove in disguise, or that's how it seemed.

You never hear that twat interrogating Tories like that.

Oh come on, Burley was skullfucking them all over the place, he was shocking, end of.

Edit: thought you meant Sky in general not just whoever that was.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Yep. I don't think it was that bad. It was fairly clear what Starmer was saying (and doing). It was weird to see the opposition being held to what appeared to be a higher level of scrutiny than the government. 

This has been happening for the last decade. The Tories are getting away with being shit because the 4th Pillar of democracy are nothing more than lickspittles. Half the shit with the pandemic is happening because no one is questioning the Government. It's a joke.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Oh come on, Burley was skullfucking them all over the place, he was shocking, end of.

Edit: thought you meant Sky in general not just whoever that was.

I think the interviewer was Sam Coates and you could see Starmer was getting annoyed with him.

Coates deserved a fucking good shoeing tbh.

If Starmer had answered that question about closing schools down directly, he would never have heard the last of it especially in the Commons as that's what Johnson has been pushing him to say since the schools opened in September.

He's already called for a lockdown within 24 hrs yesterday.

He can't do right for doing wrong.

5 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I think the interviewer was Sam Coates and you could see Starmer was getting annoyed with him.

Coates deserved a fucking good shoeing tbh.

If Starmer had answered that question about closing schools down directly, he would never have heard the last of it especially in the Commons as that's what Johnson has been pushing him to say since the schools opened in September.

He's already called for a lockdown within 24 hrs yesterday.

He can't do right for doing wrong.

But his answer was “yes” anyway so why he didn’t just say “yes I would, as part of an overall strategy I would”. That’s basically what he said anyway. 

It just came across as really weird.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

But his answer was “yes” anyway so why he didn’t just say “yes I would, as part of an overall strategy I would”. That’s basically what he said anyway. 

Yes and it made him look like a tit, especially when he lost his temper.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

I think in politics, sometimes you have to say things without actually saying them if you know what I mean.I

If you have watched PMQ's over the last few months, Johnson's final tirade, when he knows Starmer can't reply has been to say Starmer wants to close schools and to basically admit it when Starmer has never advocated that to my knowledge.

57 minutes ago, skend04 said:

This has been happening for the last decade. The Tories are getting away with being shit because the 4th Pillar of democracy are nothing more than lickspittles. Half the shit with the pandemic is happening because no one is questioning the Government. It's a joke.

Watched a good film on Netflix last night called Official Secrets and it basically showed how the press had done the same during the Iraq war, completely pliant, unable or unwilling to do any investigating, most discent is left to whistle-blowers and private individuals. It's not journalism It's showbiz.