You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 07:20, Bruce Spanner said:

‘Labour leader Keir Starmer is moving to shut down the creeping narrative that he has been sitting on the fence on key issues facing the country, following his abstention on corona rules. This isn’t just being pushed by the Tories, but appears to have cut through to younger audiences too — yesterday, gal-dem‘s Moya Lothian Mclean wrote this excoriating article attacking Starmer from the left as a “wet wipe” who has “defined his leadership by bottling it on high-stakes issues.” The piece goes on: “Try and name a single Keir Starmer policy. Go on, think of it now. Anything? Nope. Now name a Keir Starmer abstention.”

You know what he should do? 

Call the ghost of Jade Goody a cunt on Twitter, that’ll show ‘em.

That’s how politics is done now, right? 

Fucking nonsense, myopic, short term thinking, Twitter bullshit.

You get the leaders you deserve.

On 17/12/2020 at 08:32, Numero said:

I’ve no idea who Moya Mclean is, nor what gal-dem is (surely the highlight of any political writer’s career), but if she is ‘attacking from the left’ then she’s a tit. The left in this country are fucking idiots. I’ve been saying it for years. They are serial losers. There’s large pockets that sit thinking they’re the moral arbiters of the nation but really all they do is enable Tories. I hate the dickheads. They lose a landslide election so that opposition has no power and then complain about Labour ‘supporting’ government (on horrible right wing causes like saving lives and paying money to workers) and then hit out when they don’t support them and perpetuate the Tory attack line. You had one of them on here the other day quoting Boris’. What’s their play here anyway? Get Starmer to lose an election and stand down, or maybe get voted out in a VONC? Fine, then what? Corbyn again? RLB? Yeah, good luck with that. The left have nothing to offer in terms of leading the party and winning an election. So what’s the end game? Burn it down until the embers smoke on the ground? I’m serious, if anybody from the left can give me a comprehensive plan on how to win back power and 1) do it from the left 2) name the left-wing leader that could sell it and win back power on a left wing agenda, then I’ll join the cause. I’m more than happy for Starmer to get fucked off, but don’t do so without having a better option, otherwise it’s ‘Hodgson’s choice’ bullshit. Put up or shut up. 

I actively want them purged now, the anti-intelligence, anti-winning, my way or the highway, omni-losing, tribalist, Mourinho-sounding, patreon-begging, Trump-supporter level of delusion dickheads. I’d sooner not have my political beliefs represented at all than have them represented by such a bunch of shit-sniffing, coal-mine missing, backwards-thinking, still Thatcher-fighting, stuck in the past, neck-bearded, cagoule-wearing, point-missing sycophants. 

Name a policy? Fuck off. You don’t lay out policy - outside of his ten pledges (fact: all lies) - during a pandemic, during an economic crisis, just after an election. Policies aren’t the opposite of abstentions. What the fuck is she dribbling on about? Does she need a tissue? 

To quote one guy on twitter: ‘fuck - and I can’t emphasise this strongly enough - off’.  

Explain this then, you pair of fucking clowns. 

EodjWkqWMAAETPa.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Explain this then, you pair of fucking clowns. 

EodjWkqWMAAETPa.jpg

Not bad, 6/10 for effort, though they’ve not done the shading to make it look more realistic.

Another one. 

EoO2492XYActr01.jpg

Terrible, 3/10, looks like a primary school kids photoshop rendering.

Plenty more where that came from too. 

Oh, good, do they also have one of Johnson sitting atop a pile of 70,000+ bodies, or one of Corbyn warming his hands on the embers of the Labour Party? 

I’d like to see those but these binary blerts probably don’t bother. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Terrible, 3/10, looks like a primary school kids photoshop rendering.  

See, that’s the best one ‘cause he’s not just sitting in the fence, he’s kneeling it on it. And kneeling’s ‘cause of BLM which has extra significance ‘cause...  Ah forget it. You don’t get it anyway. 

Oh, good, do they also have one of Johnson sitting atop a pile of 70,000+ bodies, or one of Corbyn warming his hands on the embers of the Labour Party? 

I’d like to see those but these binary blerts probably don’t bother.

Oh you!

• Upvote 1

It isn’t what he hasn’t done that’s the problem, it’s what he has done. He held Corbyn to account. Check any of those comments Rico was talking about. To a man they’re Corbynistas. It’s all about Corbyn. It’s not about what he has or hasn’t done in Parliament or other actions as Labour leader. It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

24 minutes ago, Numero said:

It isn’t what he hasn’t done that’s the problem, it’s what he has done. He held Corbyn to account. Check any of those comments Rico was talking about. To a man they’re Corbynistas. It’s all about Corbyn. It’s not about what he has or hasn’t done in Parliament or other actions as Labour leader. It’s about what he did to Corbyn and it’s driven by the same ol’ dickheads. The Cult of Corbyn is quite something. 

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah it's much simpler than that, it's because he's not Corbyn and wasn't chosen by Corbyn.

Nobody had a problem with him until he had the brass neck to run against Long Bailey, all of a sudden he was "Sir kier Starmer", voice of the establishment and heir to Tony Blair.

There are echoes of Trump's fanbase. Just replace lock her up and drain the swamp with centrist and blairite. Meaningless, simple terms trotted out by people who think in binary terms of either you're with their man, or you're not, and if you're not, you're a baddie.

Well, that’s a different flavour of the same thing but they really started the campaign when the Corbyn stuff went down. What’s positive it is spawning a counter-campaign of good sense.