You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

It seems like Starmer has dug himself in to a hole now and its completely unnecessary. 

Boris Johnson has just failed to sack a minister despite breaking ministerial code, and yet in two weeks time nobody will be talking about it. The Starmer vs Corbyn row is going to rumble on for months and threatens to overshadow his entire time in leadership if he's not careful. 

I can understand why he needs to side line him and project a new image of the party, but forcing him out like this is only going to lose support from the younger/momentum crowd, the only demographic where Labour are doing well!

If Starmer had waited, then one of two things might have happened, 1. Corbyn would step down and retire before the next election. 2. Electoral boundary changes could have abolished his Islington North seat. Either option wouldn't have painted Starmer as the villain amongst Corbyn supporters. 

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is that meant to be some sort of ‘gotcha’? Will I be called a tribalist if I point out the question and suggest it was edited out for a reason? Probably, so I’ll just say that Starmer should have the whip removed for that the horrible cunt. 

Though if any of you Tory maggots want to know the question he was asked, it was ‘what do you think the impact of negative coverage of the Labour leader and Labour policies in the mainstream media during the election and how would you plan to counter the natural negative effects that much of the press will bring your way’. I bet you scum bags would pretend that isn’t about antisemitism being politically motivated, you tribal dickheads. 

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Corbyn needs to fuck off now. 

He missed his chance, and now history has been written by the victors and he's an antisemite.

Fuck their version of history.

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He keeps drawing Starmer within orbit of his muck.

Yeah that'd be the smear campaign doing more damage than it was supposed to and starting to backfire. The idea that Corbyn alone should be blamed for that is mental after what the media and others did to him for years. Maybe a good step forward for Labour would be accepting that and speaking about it more instead of pointing the finger at Corbyn so often. And maybe more discussion about why his policies and ideas caused such propaganda to be spewed out in the first place.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, an tha said:

The sad reality is that England is full of tory cunts.....little ingerlunders, brexit mongs, racists, xenophobes and supporters of the parasitical royals.

Well not full is it ? Brexit was roughly split and anyway voting Brexit doesn’t necessarily  mean you’re a “mong” ( hate that word) or a racist does it? How many other countries would vote to leave if given a referendum? I bet you would be surprised, and I’m a remainer actually. You’re generalising way too much here.

23 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well not full is it ? Brexit was roughly split and anyway voting Brexit doesn’t necessarily  mean you’re a “mong” ( hate that word) or a racist does it? How many other countries would vote to leave if given a referendum? I bet you would be surprised, and I’m a remainer actually. You’re generalising way too much here.

It's only a poll obviously, but none.

https://www.indy100.com/news/eu-membership-countries-vote-leave-remain-8888956

EU28, Kantar poll: European Union Membership Referendum % Remain

Ireland 91%

Netherlands 91%

Sweden 89%

Spain 88%

Germany 89%

Belgium 87%

Portugal 92%

Greece 75%

Bulgaria 83%

France 74%

Estonia 89%

Slovakia 86%

Italy 72%

Hungary 81%

Denmark 86%

Poland 89%

Romania 89%

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ireland 91%

Netherlands 91%

Sweden 89%

Spain 88%

Germany 89%

Belgium 87%

Portugal 92%

Greece 75%

Bulgaria 83%

France 74%

Estonia 89%

Slovakia 86%

Italy 72%

Hungary 81%

Denmark 86%

Poland 89%

Romania 89%

Why would they want to leave when they can steal all our fish, hey?

Dirty fish stealin’ forrins!

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ireland 91%

Netherlands 91%

Sweden 89%

Spain 88%

Germany 89%

Belgium 87%

Portugal 92%

Greece 75%

Bulgaria 83%

France 74%

Estonia 89%

Slovakia 86%

Italy 72%

Hungary 81%

Denmark 86%

Poland 89%

Romania 89%

Maybe, maybe not, point stands though, the Country is not “full” of racist, xenophobic “mongs”

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It'd help young people if they went out and voted in the numbers the elderly Tories do. No point just being active on Social Media or singing "oh Jeremy Corbyn" at Glastonbury.

She was posting on twitter how Starmer is unwilling to be critical to the Tories. It’s actually ridiculous that people like that are given any sort of position. Attacking the leader for something they’ve done is one thing, defending Corbyn is another, but attacking him when there’s non stop evidence of him criticising the Tories is crazy.

It’s because Twitter is full of ‘we support the government’ quotemines that they take as fact that he’s supporting them in everything, not just getting potentially life saving measures in place during a pandemic. Fucking annoying that he’s getting criticised for something any leader of the opposition would do. Corbyn, Brown, Blair, hell Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner would have voted with the government on these measures, of course. Any one voting against them in these moments are just not fit to lead. The ability of the British people to think for themselves instead of thinking of themselves is worrying. 

My main concern is this that she wrote :

On Saturday, following a vote of the Young Labour National Committee (YLNC), a decision was reached to publish a statement in opposition to the removal of the whip from Jeremy Corbyn MP. Earlier today, I received an e-mail from Labour’s head office ordering me to remove this statement "immediately" and alleging that Young Labour had "missused" Labour "branding" to provide "commentary on factional disputes."

If that's true I don't see how Labour's head office are helping in that situation at all.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

My main concern is this that she wrote :

If that's true I don't see how Labour's head office are helping in that situation at all.

It’s almost certainly true, and it would have happened under ever leader of every party ever. It’s how they work, it’s actually a big part of their job. I’m not sayings it’s right but they all do it. TV shows have been written about it. 

9 hours ago, Numero said:

Is that meant to be some sort of ‘gotcha’? Will I be called a tribalist if I point out the question and suggest it was edited out for a reason? Probably, so I’ll just say that Starmer should have the whip removed for that the horrible cunt. 

Though if any of you Tory maggots want to know the question he was asked, it was ‘what do you think the impact of negative coverage of the Labour leader and Labour policies in the mainstream media during the election and how would you plan to counter the natural negative effects that much of the press will bring your way’. I bet you scum bags would pretend that isn’t about antisemitism being politically motivated, you tribal dickheads. 

It’s a Twitter post that was shared in a chat I’m in. No matter what the question was, it’s an interesting comment nonetheless. Tory maggots. Funny man. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s a Twitter post that was shared in a chat I’m in. No matter what the question was, it’s an interesting comment nonetheless. Tory maggots. Funny man. 

It was more a reply to the tweet than you, to be honest. Twitter is the worst. It’s cool for some things, but politics and twitter don’t mix, like two dicks and no chicks you’ll find yourself in some serious shit. 

That’s Biggie’s take on it, anyway. 

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Fuck their version of history.

Yeah that'd be the smear campaign doing more damage than it was supposed to and starting to backfire. The idea that Corbyn alone should be blamed for that is mental after what the media and others did to him for years. Maybe a good step forward for Labour would be accepting that and speaking about it more instead of pointing the finger at Corbyn so often. And maybe more discussion about why his policies and ideas caused such propaganda to be spewed out in the first place.

If you start calling the MSM out as 'propaganda' then what do you think will happen?  Same old shit, dismissing it as crank theory, etc. 

The truth is that the Tories will surge in the polls soon when the country is vaccinated and we enjoy a party atmosphere of returning to normal.  12 months later, depending on the Brexit picture, is when things bite again. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Ireland 91%

Netherlands 91%

Sweden 89%

Spain 88%

Germany 89%

Belgium 87%

Portugal 92%

Greece 75%

Bulgaria 83%

France 74%

Estonia 89%

Slovakia 86%

Italy 72%

Hungary 81%

Denmark 86%

Poland 89%

Romania 89%

Yeah, remember that shite in the UK press about the Netherlands wanting to leave? 

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The way we're all raging at each other on this thread, despite all fundamentally being of similar political outlook, is probably the culmination of some heinous plan that was hatched in a digital think-tank seven years ago.

Disagree, you fucking Tory.