You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

5 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I've noticed a huge backlash on Starmer and Labour in the past 2 weeks from Labour supporters. Honeymoon period well and truly over.

Labour really need to get their shit together as people are getting fed up of them sitting back and doing fuck all. 

She’s another grifter.  Sob stories every few

months, typed from the jacuzzi of the country club.  

Last I saw around twelve months ago she was a carer or something related. In a 2018 article in Buzzfeed it was reported her husband has Fibromyalgia and the below is from the end of last year. Are we doing the stick of people with disabilities have to suffice on bread and water and just exist etc. I know there was a thing a while back where people said she was a man. 

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I mean she only has a distinction in PPE from Oxford, an MA in Social Policy from Edinburgh and a PhD from LSC in economics, so feel free to reduce her to cruel caricature, she’s obviously thick and not somebody we need on ‘our’ side...

Boo fucking hoo

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

She’s another grifter.  Sob stories every few

months, typed from the jacuzzi of the country club.  

I was disappointed when I found out she looks nothing like her Twitter cartoon profile pic.

image.png

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/heres-the-woman-behind-britains-most-divisive-twitter

A lot investigative Twitter ops on Rachael Swindon, just as before.  Not the same investigations on the Tory-supporting Twitter figures, unsurprisingly.  Apparently, if Swindon is a fraud then by proxy the whole Labour movement is a fraud...  

Knock yourself out lads.  Spend more time digging on Swindon, spend ALL your time, she's the key, honest...

On another tangent, the Corbyn years are being re-written now as a failure, but the hard-line left movement almost won an election.  It wasn't, he won more seats than Brown or Miliband.  Brown lost 97 seats, it was a disaster.  But bear in mind, John Major lost 171 seats in 1997.

There is a tidal element to elections, and that tide is affected by ripples from elsewhere.  Trump losing the election this year will create a huge ripple here for the Tories.  A US trade deal could be dependent on some critical UK concessions, a deal that Trump would have given us easily will not be as straightforward with Biden.

Also, the nasty rhetoric from Trump was always nice, WASP, background music for the Tories, but that music will stop, and their closest right-wing allies in international politics will be Bolsanaro, or Modi.  Not as easy to sell to the public as Trump, especially for the xenophobic little Tory supporter bastards. 

Oh, by the way, Brexit.

It's a footnote at the moment, which is where they want to keep it.  That will bite, at Christmas. 

Hey look,  I wrote all of that and had all those thoughts without having to check if Racheal Swindon agreed with it or not. It's almost like she's totally inconsequential to the left-wing movement. 

That’s all a bit ‘you don’t have to succeed to be a success, he is a success’. It isn’t being rewritten as a failure, it was a failure. ‘Almost winning an election’ is another way of saying he lost an election. Then when he almost won an election by losing an election and getting nowhere near a majority, he went on to a crushing defeat, eventually leaving the party 21pts adrift. No matter how you write that, it ain’t a success. 

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

That’s all a bit ‘you don’t have to succeed to be a success, he is a success’. It isn’t being rewritten as a failure, it was a failure. ‘Almost winning an election’ is another way of saying he lost an election. Then when he almost won an election by losing an election and getting nowhere near a majority, he went on to a crushing defeat, eventually leaving the party 21pts adrift. No matter how you write that, it ain’t a success. 

But, the Media???

And Bumcunt's absolutely spot on about Rachel Swindon, there. Despite her 80k followers she - and all the other lefty Twitter accounts that get people on this thread so upset - still have absolutely nowhere near the amount of influence that the media do, and whatever they say about Starmer is ultimately pretty meaningless. You can disagree with them/hate them/think they're cunts etc but the reality is they have barely any impact at all on things that actually matter like votes.

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

And Bumcunt's absolutely spot on about Rachel Swindon, there. Despite her 80k followers she - and all the other lefty Twitter accounts that get people on this thread so upset - still have absolutely nowhere near the amount of influence that the media do, and whatever they say about Starmer is ultimately pretty meaningless. You can disagree with them/hate them/think they're cunts etc but the reality is they have barely any impact at all on things that actually matter like votes.

She doesn’t upset me I just think she’s a dickhead.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I feel like I’m capable of having an issue with more than one thing at a time. I can have a concurrent dislike of both the media and with fact-hating, partisan liars on twitter. So, thanks all the same, but it’s not an either/or. 

Never said it was, and you're welcome to dislike them as much as you want but, as I said, it would be a mistake to think that the two have anywhere near the same amount of power or influence.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Never said it was, and you're welcome to dislike them as much as you want but, as I said, it would be a mistake to think that the two have anywhere near the same amount of power or influence.

Yes, it would. Not sure why you’re making that point, but I’m pretty sure nobody would disagree with it.