You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

31 minutes ago, mattyq said:

It's one thing to say they'd take decades of misery it's another thing to wake up in the morning on the dole with no prospects and the bank looking to take your house 

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He is going to deliver it though. No deal is what they want. Many saying they'd take decades of misery for it.

Was going to say the same as mattyq. It's all well and good saying it but when we have people calling the police when there's no chicken and loads stockpiling big rolls, all that bravado is soon going to disappear.

36 minutes ago, mattyq said:

It's one thing to say they'd take decades of misery it's another thing to wake up in the morning on the dole with no prospects and the bank looking to take your house 

If you're already on the dole with no prospects and don't own your own home though its less of an issue.

Some of the poorest people in the country voted for Brexit because  they feel things literally can't get any worse for them. I think to some extent they want to drag the rest of the country down. 

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If you're already on the dole with no prospects and don't own your own home though its less of an issue.

Some of the poorest people in the country voted for Brexit because  they feel things literally can't get any worse for them. I think to some extent they want to drag the rest of the country down. 

I think it’s six of one half a dozen of the other, the, and I really fucking hate this phrase, ‘underclass’ have been weaponised by various factions all in the hope of stirring up trouble, when they started to though it became an issue as the rabble have been roused and they now need to be quelled.

‘They’ have been politicised on a few key issues which ‘they’ can repeat ad nauseam because it makes them feel engaged and powerful, if they don’t get a response ‘they’ feel they’re being patronised and talked down to.

This is perfect for those who want chaos and the opportunity this created .

When the pubs close the revolution begins though. 

The major concern I have with Starmer is that I just don't see how he wins back the red wall seats, or anywhere near enough votes in areas where Labour need to win. From what I have seen so far his strategy appears to be that he's hoping just to get to a point four years down the line where he can stand off against Johnson and say do you really want another 4/5 years of this clown or me? 

48 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

100% correct until the last sentence and unfortunately  probably a bit of truth in that too.

47 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Think most of the Brexit vote was down to fairly affluent pensioners, 64% voted to leave

They'll be pretty safe as their pensions are protected but when house prices crash and their children & grandchildren suffer they'll notice it then.

The C2/DEs voted 65% for Brexit when they voted but most didn't bother to vote

15 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

The major concern I have with Starmer is that I just don't see how he wins back the red wall seats, or anywhere near enough votes in areas where Labour need to win. From what I have seen so far his strategy appears to be that he's hoping just to get to a point four years down the line where he can stand off against Johnson and say do you really want another 4/5 years of this clown or me? 

The Miliband strategy, we all know how that went. 

On 07/08/2020 at 13:10, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Gnasher, look away now - Latest YouGov shows 34% would prefer Starmer as PM to Johnson's 32%.

Prepare for a Daily Mail Hatcher job in the coming days on Starmer. 

“Keir Starmer sends money and brasses too Hamas a senior IRA source has claimed”

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Prepare for a Daily Mail Hatcher job in the coming days on Starmer. 

“Keir Starmer sends money and brasses too Hamas a senior IRA source has claimed”

The hatchet job should have been by Starmer on Cummings.  It was the Cummings fiasco which pushed Starmer ahead in that poll.  I worry about his political instincts, he should have gone all in on Cummings.

15 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

The hatchet job should have been by Starmer on Cummings.  It was the Cummings fiasco which pushed Starmer ahead in that poll.  I worry about his political instincts, he should have gone all in on Cummings.

The spin right away was that the left and Starmer are trying to disrupt the tory party from helping tackle the crisis. Thats all Johnson kept shouting. Snide soundbites that unfortunately stick. 

28 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Kinnock had broken the rules and not been punished, he would have been easily dealt with as a hypocrite.

24 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Kinnock had broken the rules and not been punished, he would have been easily dealt with as a hypocrite.

Passing up open goals will cost you in the end.

It would be a bold move to take the hypocrite hit (what are the legions of spinmeisters for after all) to emasculate Johnson.

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The spin right away was that the left and Starmer are trying to disrupt the tory party from helping tackle the crisis. Thats all Johnson kept shouting. Snide soundbites that unfortunately stick. 

He could kiss babies, and the spin will be he slipped in some tongue.  You can't let the right define you.

2 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

I'm inclined to agree

2 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

Yeah Labour have been far too soft for too long. If it was the other way round the Tories would have torn Labour to shreds over it. 

28 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Thousands of NHS staff have protested across the UK today for fair pay for nurses and other NHS staff. 

There's not a squeak about it on either Starmer's or any of the official Labour Party social media. 

What's the point? 

I know mate yet Corbyn has tweeted about it. 

38 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Thousands of NHS staff have protested across the UK today for fair pay for nurses and other NHS staff. 

There's not a squeak about it on either Starmer's or any of the official Labour Party social media. 

What's the point? 

I'd sack him and bring back Jeremy

That would solve all the problems as he's always been so popular with everybody

45 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What's the point? 

Brexit and then voting for a Tory majority that's put the NHS up for sale, what's exactly the point of Labour tweeting support when the public doesn't really care about ?