You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

But what I want now is for all 'sides' to be reconciled so we can get on with the job at hand of kicking the Tories out. Anyone who gets in the way of that is a direct threat to me and mine, and the countless millions who need a Labour government. 

Yes! Fucking exactly. The Tories are so much better at just being pragmatic and doing what is necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yes! Fucking exactly. The Tories are so much better at just being pragmatic and doing what is necessary. 

Yet Starmer sacked his deputy and paid out members money in acts which may cause a labour period of mass infighting. Is he being pragmatic? Not for me, he seems to be picking fights that do not need to be fought.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yet Starmer sacked his deputy and paid out members money in acts which may cause a labour period of mass infighting. Is he being pragmatic? Not for me, he seems to be picking fights that do not need to be fought.

Erm, yes. That’s absolutely pragmatic. And what mass infighting? There’s a small group of Corbynite loyalists who have the arsehole but where’s the evidence for ‘mass’ infighting. 

13 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Erm, yes. That’s absolutely pragmatic. And what mass infighting? There’s a small group of Corbynite loyalists who have the arsehole but where’s the evidence for ‘mass’ infighting. 

"May cause mass infighting" was the quote Numerous., I may not be an oxford university scholar but you meanwhile have no excuse.

Ad for the infighting I think the unite leader is only speaking what others are thinking so well have to wait and see. I think Starmer was unwise to pay off the traitors but time will.tell.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"May cause mass infighting" was the quote Numerous., I may not be an oxford university scholar but you meanwhile have no excuse.

Ad for the infighting I think the unite leader is only speaking what others are thinking so well have to wait and see. I think Starmer was unwise to pay off the traitors but time will.tell.

Yes, it will. Polling suggest he’s doing well with Labour supporters. I wanted some evidence that points to the suggestion - that you’ve made more than once - about splits and infighting. There will be none because there is none. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yes, it will. Polling suggest he’s doing well with Labour supporters. I wanted some evidence that points to the suggestion - that you’ve made more than once - about splits and infighting. There will be none because there is none. 

The unite leader has threatened to withdraw funding, the labour deputy leader has been sacked. You're sounding like comical Ali.

36 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The unite leader has threatened to withdraw funding, the labour deputy leader has been sacked. You're sounding like comical Ali.

1) He hasn’t threatened anything. 
2) Oh aye, when did the deputy leader get sacked? 

You’re sounding like Donald Trump. 

2 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I said something to Moof the other day, as at the time of that leadership election I was hardcore slagging off David Miliband, but it has got so bad with these Tory cunts that I’d happily take David fucking Miliband. Happily. We are in a fucking state. 

Where is Moof? I thought he was dead

2 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I said something to Moof the other day, as at the time of that leadership election I was hardcore slagging off David Miliband, but it has got so bad with these Tory cunts that I’d happily take David fucking Miliband. Happily. We are in a fucking state. 

And again

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Nah, he’s fine. Top bloke, Moof. Even though we disagree on Corbyn, we’ve been speaking long enough to know many of our ideals are the same. 

Can you confirm that you communicate via the medium of Mediums, Seances and the Ouija Board?

Has Moof's dress sense improved any whilst he's dead?

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

How do you know that Neil? The media is a powerful tool but it's become a bit of a get out of jail card and assumes that all voters are idiots. It also assumes that the grassroots Labour members who voted for Starmer, and who are not having that choice respected by certain quarters, are also idiots. Basically, you're susceptible to propaganda unless, like myself, you can see the truth.

I've said previously that I reckon the polls will be skewered for a while due to the 'wartime' feel of what's going on in the country. 

All these stories (a union boss digging in this week) are corrosive and they provide never-ending ammunition for the right, making it easy to paint the party as being in perpetual crisis.

If Starmer has a chance of making the party electable again, he has been - and will continue to be - undermined by people who've been determining to do so since he ever took his post. It will continue for years, regardless of what he says or does, because he is not jeremu corbyn or Jeremy Corbyn's chosen replacement.

"I thoght he was supposed to uite the party?" They say glibly while reshaing yet another article from The Canary (Starmer is always in the top five stories seemingly, as is is in Novara and Squarkbox, despite the current shite being unleashed by Labour's actual opposition).

I genuinely don't understand how people can claim to want what's best for people while contributing to a narrative that will doubtless keep labour out of power for the next ten years. One can only claim that it's not a genuine desire, just a stated one in many cases.

Good post that, except I firmly believe it's the leaders job to get everyone onside and quell the internal strife. Nobody said it was going to be easy and he's in his 1st months, which have all been under lockdown, so there's plenty of time for this to change once communication changes and Starmer can look some of these opponents in the eye. 

22 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Possibly. It's hard to say how history would have unfolded differently because if Labour had made a greater dent into the Tory majority and forced them to stay in coalition with the Lib Dems, the Brexit would never have happened and we'd be in a completely different kind of politics than the one Labour has been embroiled in for the last few years. The Red Wall certainly wouldn't have been an issue but Labour still would have lost Scotland regardless at that election. David's appeal to the average Scott wouldn't be great, I imagine. 

That being said, I feel Corbyn's time in the Labour party 'had' to happen. I wouldn't want a David Miliband-inspired new Labour continuation project, I wanted Labour to go more to the left than it was, but I want it to keep the parts of the New Labour machine that helped it win elections. Without the Corbyn era I doubt you'd see people like Angie Rayner being a significant force in politics.

But what I want now is for all 'sides' to be reconciled so we can get on with the job at hand of kicking the Tories out. Anyone who gets in the way of that is a direct threat to me and mine, and the countless millions who need a Labour government. 

Can understand the political passions in this thread and not looking for people to compromise their positions however  in bold is the bottom line. Starmer  is no John Smith And he is going to have a hard job positioning the party in order to get elected compromises need to be made on all sides and focus on the end goal which is ending Tory government .