You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What do all last year's "Labour should be leading by 20 points" crowd think about trailing to a party whose negligence, corruption and incompetence has led to tens of thousands of deaths?

No idea. That it might take more than a few more days after a landslide defeat to convince the electorate they were wrong, probably. 

43 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What do all last year's "Labour should be leading by 20 points" crowd think about trailing to a party whose negligence, corruption and incompetence has led to tens of thousands of deaths?

Is this a thing?

Keep seeing it on Twitter but it seems to be a made up meme

I don't remember any normal person banging on about 20 point leads

Seems a bit, dare I say, bitter. 

5 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Is this a thing?

Probably somebody said it, quite a few people - including me - thought a different leader would do better. I still think that. That shouldn’t be conflated with them day after a new leader takes over all the damage will be wiped away and there will be a 20pt lead’. To try to detract from anything positive with a ‘yeah but it’s not a 20 point lead’ hints at partisanship. 

11 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Is this a thing?

It was a regular charge against Corbyn, that bitter people fling back at Starmer now. Personally, whatever I think of Starmer, I'm not going to attack him* because any Labour Government would be a million times better than this brazenly corrupt and disastrously negligent shower of cunts. Fuck, even a moderate Tory Government would be better. 

*I reserve the right to attack the bastards who worked against a Labour victory, though.

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It was a regular charge against Corbyn, that bitter people fling back at Starmer now. Personally, whatever I think of Starmer, I'm not going to attack him* because any Labour Government would be a million times better than this brazenly corrupt and disastrously negligent shower of cunts. Fuck, even a moderate Tory Government would be better. 

*I reserve the right to attack the bastards who worked against a Labour victory, though.

And rightly so. Anybody who work against their party in an election just don’t deserve to be in the party. It’s fucking ridiculous. If you’re so far apart from the person in charge that you would sooner the opposition win, you’re in the wrong party. 

As for Starmer, I just don’t get what there is to be too pissy about yet. He hasn’t (and shouldn’t have) put anything policy based forward. He has made very few big decisions. He hasn’t made any dreadful moves that harm the party. He has a job on his hands, there’s no doubt about that. It’s too early to expect much of anything though, as it was with Corbyn early on. 

19 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I bet he was. I bet he fucking was. 

Oh, you mean the show? Not interested unless one kills the other and then suicides. 

The Blair Ridge Project?

Apparently talking about taking strategic positions on China. Something he’d know all about. Just ask Wendi Deng...

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

And rightly so. Anybody who work against their party in an election just don’t deserve to be in the party. It’s fucking ridiculous. If you’re so far apart from the person in charge that you would sooner the opposition win, you’re in the wrong party. 

As for Starmer, I just don’t get what there is to be too pissy about yet. He hasn’t (and shouldn’t have) put anything policy based forward. He has made very few big decisions. He hasn’t made any dreadful moves that harm the party. He has a job on his hands, there’s no doubt about that. It’s too early to expect much of anything though, as it was with Corbyn early on. 

"Hasn't made any moves that harm the party" 

Have you been in a coma? The labour party is close to civil war and you still churn out your fucking tosh day after day, week after week  

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"Hasn't made any moves that harm the party" 

Have you been in a coma? The labour party is close to civil war and you still churn out your fucking tosh day after day, week after week  

Yes, now you’ve linked a Corbyn tweet I can see it was tosh. Do I owe you anything for this education? Is it part of the Tory scheme from the other thread?

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yes, now you’ve linked a Corbyn tweet I can see it was tosh. Do I owe you anything for this education? Is it part of the Tory scheme from the other thread?

Keep churning out the Starma party line and hope no one notices Numerous, you're wasted on this forum you should get a job for a small fat fella over Korea.

22 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Have another link relating to the oncoming disaster and pretend all is red wine and roses.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/22/antisemitism-labour-settlement-plunges-party-into-civil-war

Starmer was given the benefit of the doubt with the Long Bailey sacking I'm not sure the party members who have had their money used to pay turncoats will be so forgiving.

I can't see labour seeing any big change in the polls until covid and brexit are in the rear view mirror. Covid because I reckon shit like that creates some kind of Stockholm mentality. You're literally depending on the government of the day for your livelihood and even your life. There must be some kind of impact on people's willingness to rock the boat until the danger has passed, prpbably why churchill was kicked into touch after the war. 

Brexit is a Pandora's box of nationalism and all sorts of other shit. Johnson specifically knows how to play it, I don't think anyone in his or other parties do to the same extent. There's also a Trump factor with Johnson and Brexit in the red wall. He's your man, the more he's attacked the more you double down because as far as you're concerned - he's upsetting all the right people.

There are issues in our society that will impact how Labour does in the future that are beyond its control in relation to the direction society has taken and just general zeitgeist. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I can't see labour seeing any big change in the polls until covid and brexit are in the rear view mirror. Covid because I reckon shit like that creates some kind of Stockholm mentality. You're literally depending on the government of the day for your livelihood and even your life. There must be some kind of impact on people's willingness to rock the boat until the danger has passed, prpbably why churchill was kicked into touch after the war. 

Brexit is a Pandora's box of nationalism and all sorts of other shit. Johnson specifically knows how to play it, I don't think anyone in his or other parties do to the same extent. There's also a Trump factor with Johnson and Brexit in the red wall. He's your man, the more he's attacked the more you double down because as far as you're concerned - he's upsetting all the right people.

There are issues in our society that will impact how Labour does in the future that are beyond its control in relation to the direction society has taken and just general zeitgeist. 

Good postings. 

Bad for Starmer. Bad for Labour. Numerous will be popping up all over the site telling everyone that although the polls show the tories ahead it's really Starmer that's winning plus he's got better hair than Jeremy Corbyn, plus he gets along with Laura Kuenssberg.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/01/unite-warns-labour-on-antisemitism-payouts