You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Watching that it struck me that he is very good indeed and the comparison with the Johnson phone in is telling

Well, no matter what people think of him or his politics, I don't think anybody has him down as a blithering moron without a thought of his own in his head. This puts him at least an entire country mile ahead of Johnson. That interview was one of the worst I've seen, and probably the worst by a sitting PM. Unbelievable that he is in charge of the nation, isn't it mate. Does my head in.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Numero said:

Well, no matter what people think of him or his politics, I don't think anybody has him down as a blithering moron without a thought of his own in his head. This puts him at least an entire country mile ahead of Johnson. That interview was one of the worst I've seen, and probably the worst by a sitting PM. Unbelievable that he is in charge of the nation, isn't it mate. Does my head in.

Like your comment I am not sure how "good" Starmer is or what type of PM he would make but as you say he a country mile ahead of what is supposedly in charge of the country. My fear is there has to be someone in the conservative party who sees this also and have already made the decision that BJ needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. Conundrum for KS is the longer Johnson at the helm better for Labour he needs to attack him but not deliver a fatal (political) blow. 

31 minutes ago, Numero said:

I think a legal grounding definitely helps with these things, was the same with Obama and Blair, they're used to thinking on their feet but also not speaking without thinking too, as the consequences legally (just like politically) can be dire. 

• Upvote 1

Just speaking is becoming a minefield.

Some veteran with a missing limb will probably be outraged at that comment saying I cheapen the consequences of dealing will mines and the lives they destroy. I mean just FUCK OFF EVERYBODY, we are all cunts.

It's okay to just not like an opinion or even be disgusted by it shouldn't mean a campaign of terror to destroy the person who didn't toe the ever thinning line of acceptability. It creates even more push back. Obviously there's a limit but fucking hell they can scrape the internet looking for some dumb shit you said when you were young and drunk and use it to create a story of what a cunt you are and why your life should be fucked forever more. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just speaking is becoming a minefield.

Some veteran with a missing limb will probably be outraged at that comment saying I cheapen the consequences of dealing will mines and the lives they destroy. I mean just FUCK OFF EVERYBODY, we are all cunts.

It's okay to just not like an opinion or even be disgusted by it shouldn't mean a campaign of terror to destroy the person who didn't toe the ever thinning line of acceptability. It creates even more push back. Obviously there's a limit but fucking hell they can scrape the internet looking for some dumb shit you said when you were young and drunk and use it to create a story of what a cunt you are and why your life should be fucked forever more. 

You vile bastard. 

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’m guessing the major difference is that he has been told to apologise and has, RLB was and didn’t. 

An opposing view out there is that Steve Reed actually expressed his own undeniably anti-semitic views, as opposed to just retweeted an article with a line from Maxine Peak that could be construed as anti-semitic. Therefore he should’ve been immediately sacked.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

7B79A45F-4D71-47E7-8F2B-4FDFCE880659.jpeg

Starmer has done what everyone said he would do after he sacked Bailey, hes backed himself into a corner for the next four years, the above could be seen far more anti semitic than Bailey liking a tweet about Israel training foreign police.