You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

I've just seen some snippets from PMQ's. I'm really warming to Starmer. He isn't going overboard with criticism, acknowledging that it doesn't help the predicament we are all in. He isn't gong full attack on Tory lies etc either because he knows how they will spin it in their favour. He is hopefully going to slowly dismantle them with facts and I tell you right now, they will be shitting themselves. Starter would have won the last election IMO if he had been given a 12 month run up to it. 

I bet you in the next 24 hours there will be a negative story about his past somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've just seen some snippets from PMQ's. I'm really warming to Starmer. He isn't going overboard with criticism, acknowledging that it doesn't help the predicament we are all in. He isn't gong full attack on Tory lies etc either because he knows how they will spin it in their favour. He is hopefully going to slowly dismantle them with facts and I tell you right now, they will be shitting themselves. Starter would have won the last election IMO if he had been given a 12 month run up to it. 

I bet you in the next 24 hours there will be a negative story about his past somewhere. 

He wouldn't have got close. 

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Caught a bit of this on 5 Live yesterday. Call me cynical but I found a lot of it quite nauseating.All the Labour and SNP contributors opening with ‘I’d like to start by offering my sincere congratulations to Boris and Carrie’.Not the place for it.He’s a fucking cunt.Just don’t mention it at all.

Starmer seemed to do a decent job but I wish he had of went after that cunt Rabb a bit more.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I read that some of the journalists in Westminster circles refer to him as IKEA Starmer because he's so wooden. 

To be fair to him, he's starting to say some of the right things. But, in a rather uninspiring manner. Where's the passion? 

I hear a Scottish, former Labour politician has started his own party (side note, how is Respect doing these days?), and he has loads of passion. You might be interested in him. Corbyn was passionate, too. Didn’t carry him that far in the last election. 

Ikea Starmer. Wonder what it would have been if his name wasn’t Keir? Shame he doesn’t have a stutter, isn’t it. 

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I hear a Scottish, former Labour politician has started his own party (side note, how is Respect doing these days?), and he has loads of passion. You might be interested in him. Corbyn was passionate, too. Didn’t carry him that far in the last election. 

Ikea Starmer. Wonder what it would have been if his name wasn’t Keir? Shame he doesn’t have a stutter, isn’t it. 

Was he actually named after the founder of the Labour Party?

51 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

All fair points. 

But, he's still a bit dull. 

I guess that depends on what you’re inspired by. I was, for the first time in a very long time, a little bit inspired by PMQs. Seeing him actually hold government to account without it being a pantomime, a shouting match, and showing actual authority and competence, was just what the doctor ordered as far as I’m concerned. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I guess that depends on what you’re inspired by. I was, for the first time in a very long time, a little bit inspired by PMQs. Seeing him actually hold government to account without it being a pantomime, a shouting match, and showing actual authority and competence, was just what the doctor ordered as far as I’m concerned. 

New manager bounce.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Could that be because the Houses of Parliament were fairly empty? And the subject matter? And that he was up against Raab rather than the clown? 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Thought he was less authorative than last week, and Raab did throw him off his stride with giving the care worker deaths figure in his first answer.

Looked like Starmer then had to change his second planned question and didn't do it that well.

I thought there were points where he was absolutely savage. On PPE, when he responded saying it wasn’t an opinion... it comes across like he’s holding a disciplinary hearing where he has the government answering to him. I like it a lot. Long way to go, but looks competent at the very least.