You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When Hendo gets to lift the PL trophy, what should he do?

Im trying to stay positive in the fustercluck of a situation. People's health and well being is the primary concern.

All that said, sometime in the future, Jordan Henderson is going to be presented with the PL trophy. It is highly unlikely any fans will be there to witness it and we'll have to watch on tv.

But when he lifts the trophy, what should he do? Should he do the Hendo shuffle before hoisting it over his head, just be given it and hold it up to the cameras, or just be given it and make no fuss?

Whatever he does, you just know the mongs out there plus the everton, city, united blah, blah, blah fans, will say look at them, tens of thousands died and they're celebrating winning the title or same as Souness, utter disregard for the trophy because he hasnt acknowledged it.

Given the times when this is likely to happen, what do you want Hendo and the players to do?

Treat it as he would in normal circumstances. They usually add ribbons in the team colours on cups before the presentation. I think this time it would be nice if there was a mix of red ribbons and blue ones with NHS on them. It's a small token of recognition that would be all the pictures, and it seems fitting for a group of players with the values our squad has.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Treat it as he would in normal circumstances. They usually add ribbons in the team colours on cups before the presentation. I think this time it would be nice if there was a mix of red ribbons and blue ones with NHS on them. It's a small token of recognition that would be all the pictures, and it seems fitting for a group of players with the values our squad has.

I think that ribbon suggestion is brilliant. Hope they do it.

He should wear a mask to set a good example.  Then go on an extended rant, still wearing the mask, about which TLW numpties have doubted him down the years. When it comes to the worst culprits he should name names and give each and every one of them the famous Diego Costa stare and a mid digit salute.

• Upvote 1

He would accept it and then give a speech as to how humbling this whole thing has been and the real heroes are the people on the front line battling to overcome the disease. He knows bobby has struggled this season but we were still able to overcome the blueshite bitter disease.

• Upvote 1

I've got a feeling that top level football won't restart until a certain percentage of fans can attend, maybe 30-50%.  If no fans can attend that means the situation is still very stark and quite hopeless and I think sporting authorities might recognise that it's not appropriate to bring sport back at such a time.  

edit - and then he can do the other things mentioned, NHS ribbons, tears in his eyes, and a big wave to the fans present

5 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I get the impression this decision has the potential for mutiny.

I think you may be right -- the club is worth as much as it is going to be in the market right now - even with the stoppage.

And the economy is going to be a crapshoot for the next few years so they will probably look to cash out rather than run a divided house.

Klopp off to be Germany coach the year after.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think you may be right -- the club is worth as much as it is going to be in the market right now - even with the stoppage.

And the economy is going to be a crapshoot for the next few years so they will probably look to cash out rather than run a divided house.

Klopp off to be Germany coach the year after.

Klopp saying that the Athletico game was criminal. Then this? It's how you break a man like Klopp. He's principled and he will be dragged into this mess and it will really hurt him.

9 hours ago, Mr T said:

Klopp saying that the Athletico game was criminal. Then this? It's how you break a man like Klopp. He's principled and he will be dragged into this mess and it will really hurt him.

Other matches went ahead, unfair to penalise any clubs there. UEFA hold all the cards there after governments hold theirs.