You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The NHS

Dougie Do'ins

• 6 months later...
34 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Got an email from our dentist saying they're no longer NHS, they're now private Hampton Dental Care. All the prices have doubled. This is an "affordable alternative to NHS treatment". They also now offer 0% finance. 

Welcome to the Conservative Party dream. 

Shower of cunts!

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Got an email from our dentist saying they're no longer NHS, they're now private Hampton Dental Care. All the prices have doubled. This is an "affordable alternative to NHS treatment". They also now offer 0% finance. 

Welcome to the Conservative Party dream. 

Wait until GP practices start. You'll get an appointment with one then alright. Bastards. 

8 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is what I don't get, all the old idiots, are they seriously going to pretend to be happy when it happens?  

I had to have my bloods taken at my GP practice a few weeks ago which is always done by a nurse.

My hearing is fucked and my right ear seemed worse than normal and I wasn't sure if it was wax build up or a dodgy hearing aid so I asked her if she would have a quick look with her otoscope.

She said she couldn't and I had to make a separate appointment for that. She apologised and said it was ridiculous but the practice which is now run by a private 'healthcare' company get paid by the NHS for every appointment and they were maximising profit.

The NHS as we knew and loved it is gone.

58 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Some pretty vile shit on Twitter regarding this. We live in a society where a sizeable portion of

the population zero compassion for others.

Until it affects them. 

And that's the mad thing, with old people being that prime users of NHS services, that they are turkeys voting for Christmas because they don't have the brio to admit they've been voting for sadistic cunts. 

The likes of Extinction Rebellion and strikers have the wrong idea, they should be barricading the supply depots for the likes of the Daily Mail.  It's time to get to the root of this nonsense, cut the poison off.  Fuck it, burn the offices to the ground.  Although I suspect the offence probably now comes with a 100 year prison sentence, for obvious reasons. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Until it affects them. 

And that's the mad thing, with old people being that prime users of NHS services, that they are turkeys voting for Christmas because they don't have the brio to admit they've been voting for sadistic cunts. 

The likes of Extinction Rebellion and strikers have the wrong idea, they should be barricading the supply depots for the likes of the Daily Mail.  It's time to get to the root of this nonsense, cut the poison off.  Fuck it, burn the offices to the ground.  Although I suspect the offence probably now comes with a 100 year prison sentence, for obvious reasons. 

Thankfully, as nature intended, the vicious old cunts will soon be dead. Although old cunts like them tend to live on far longer than decent people for some bizarre reason.

• 5 weeks later...

Had to wait three and a half hours at Garston walk in centre the other day, just so someone would look down my ear (turns out ear infection).

The nurse was saying she's never known anything like it, it's just constant waves of people needing seeing. They're understaffed, and people can't get in to see their GP.

Are people moe sick after having Covid? Is it accelerating illnesses? I've definitely found that even minor illnesses seem to wipe me out more than they used to (or maybe they don't, I have no idea anymore).  

7 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Had to wait three and a half hours at Garston walk in centre the other day, just so someone would look down my ear (turns out ear infection).

The nurse was saying she's never known anything like it, it's just constant waves of people needing seeing. They're understaffed, and people can't get in to see their GP.

Are people moe sick after having Covid? Is it accelerating illnesses? I've definitely found that even minor illnesses seem to wipe me out more than they used to (or maybe they don't, I have no idea anymore).  

I think they're possibly picking up people who can't get a GP appointment. I had to go there once because I couldn't get one.

There's only ever about four GPs in in my one even though there used to be about eight. I think they all still work there but not as often.

Despite all their moaning about being overworked, I suspect more of them are doing private consultations at least one day a week.