You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The NHS

Dougie Do'ins

Been meaning to start this thread for a few months now, and given the current state of affairs, now seems as good a time as any.

I don't ever recall a period in my lifetime where the NHS has ever been in the spotlight as much as it is now. As we all know, and I I said last night, it's been stripped to it's bare bones and if it weren't for the dedication of those working on the front line, especially right now, fuck knows what state this country would be in.

It's far from perfect but that's hardly it's own fault but during the last few weeks, I've seen some stuff that's wound me up a bit. I seen similar stuff in the run up to the GE. It fucking pisses me off when I see NHS employees cosying up to Tory MPs when it's these same shower of cunts who've done nothing but run it into the ground for the last ten years. Over the last couple of weeks I've seen two or three higher end NHS staff IMO, down play the current situation and give the impression that they're coping. I cant help but feel this should be a time when they make the most of it's/they're plight and I feel now is a time for them to be more vocal about how bad things really are.

Tonight is another one of those nationwide applause events but I wont be taking part again. Not because I don't think they deserve all the credit they get but because my overriding memory from the previous one was that cunt Boris Johnson and the other cunt Rishi Sunak using it as a means to promote themselves and the Tory party. I've had enough of seeing the shower of bastards wearing those little NHS badges as if they care when in reality, they couldn't give a single fuck about it. IMO, these applause events should be a show of strength that we want them at the very least given the correct PPE and testing to protect themselves to protect us.

To end on a positive note, if it wasn't for the NHS and the team at Broadgreen Heart & Chest dept, chances are my dad would either be dead or wouldn't have long left. The NHS is one of the very few things that make living in this fucking country bearable.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, aRdja said:

81F6ED88-EFBA-449A-9C3B-E2230223DCB1.png

This represents the truth, but what we hear now from the likes of Raab and Johnson is "our fantastic NHS" and "protect the NHS".  Millions of people lap it up and vote accordingly.  These people aren't interested in the tweet you've posted, it's too long for them to read and absorb.  Three word slogans is the limit of their interest and understanding.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

This represents the truth, but what we hear now from the likes of Raab and Johnson is "our fantastic NHS" and "protect the NHS".  Millions of people lap it up and vote accordingly.  These people aren't interested in the tweet you've posted, it's too long for them to read and absorb.  Three word slogans is the limit of their interest and understanding.  

"Boris Johnson set your house on fire and killed your wife and kids, He's still laughing about it to this day, are you still voting Tory this upcoming election?"

"Get Brexit Done!" 

Neighbour in the background "Get em out!" 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/12/exclusive-treasury-blueprint-raise-taxes-freeze-wages-pay-300bn/

If anyone has a minute or two, it'd be great if you could write to your MP about this.

Just a note on the public pay freeze: Hitting those who are already on poor standards of pay is a really sour way to recoup that money. The Office of National Statistics shows the UK Average Salary 2019 (full-time) was £36,611. The average frontline salary ranges from approximately £20,349 per year. They've been living under the average for a number of years and pay freezes have been a constant argument. This will only push more people further into debt and create serious mental health problems.

Edit: The National Health Service (NHS) pays its employees an average of ₤26,343 a year. Your registered nurse will be somewhere between 20-31k (probably more around the 26-28k with a good few years experience). A few other professions will be towards the lower end of that figure.

It's really fucking annoyed me this.

Further reading: https://www.ft.com/content/c78c6b82-2c61-11e8-9b4b-bc4b9f08f381

5 hours ago, ))) said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/12/exclusive-treasury-blueprint-raise-taxes-freeze-wages-pay-300bn/

If anyone has a minute or two, it'd be great if you could write to your MP about this.

Just a note on the public pay freeze: Hitting those who are already on poor standards of pay is a really sour way to recoup that money. The Office of National Statistics shows the UK Average Salary 2019 (full-time) was £36,611. The average frontline salary ranges from approximately £20,349 per year. They've been living under the average for a number of years and pay freezes have been a constant argument. This will only push more people further into debt and create serious mental health problems.

Edit: The National Health Service (NHS) pays its employees an average of ₤26,343 a year. Your registered nurse will be somewhere between 20-31k (probably more around the 26-28k with a good few years experience). A few other professions will be towards the lower end of that figure.

Further reading: https://www.ft.com/content/c78c6b82-2c61-11e8-9b4b-bc4b9f08f381

'All in it together!' 

5 hours ago, ))) said:

Just bastards aren't they? Can't say I'm surprised, can't tax their little buddies like Dyson, or shitheads like Amazon properly can they?

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just bastards aren't they? Can't say I'm surprised, can't tax their little buddies like Dyson, or shitheads like Amazon properly can they?

Amazon are more powerful than the British Government. 

6 hours ago, ))) said:

Not to worry if you feel the financial squeeze.  Just think happy thoughts of Major Tom, VE Day, mood of the nation and clapping for our NHS hero's and you'll be OK.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

This kind of stuff is only get worse and worse once the Tories get desperate to fill all those low paid extra nursing jobs they promised during the election run up.

Two nurses suspended after patient left covered in faeces and another not given vital treatment

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/two-nurses-suspended-after-patient-18332175

10 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

This kind of stuff is only get worse and worse once the Tories get desperate to fill all those low paid extra nursing jobs they promised during the election run up.

Two nurses suspended after patient left covered in faeces and another not given vital treatment

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/two-nurses-suspended-after-patient-18332175

No chance of it being starved! Haven't you seen all those people clapping every week? Its safe in the hands of the people who've opposed its existence from its very origina to this current minute. What can possibly go wrong!!