You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alcohol consumption during lockdown

Sugar Ape

in answer to Remmie, not idea why it didn’t quote you...

The 4th picture, yeah. £5, then you have to phone to cancel.

but when you try to cancel online they give you a discount if £5 for next months and offer an upgrade of two better 440ml cans for free, if you take ten per month in the future (but this costs more)

which I’ve done, but will cancel next month.

so that’s 18 decent enough beers, and 2 snacks for £25. 

The first few pictures were Direct from Pressure Drop. 15 cans of high quality NEIPA. Not cheap like 

I also got a delivery from Purefour, which I’ve not photographed. 

I’ll be fine for a week or two, longer if I can temper my consumption 

5 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

There's a really good brewery down the road from me (https://www.wildcardbrewery.co.uk) that is doing free same day local delivery, so in spite of it being expensive I too have gone down the quality over quantity route. Mrs Waffle is currently 5 months pregnant, so I am drinking for 3 (or something).

I’ve had some of their stuff, they sell it in the craft section in Tesco, I expect you can get better variety and fresher items than that though given your proximity 

1 minute ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’ve had some of their stuff, they sell it in the craft section in Tesco, I expect you can better variety and fresher items than that though

Fancy a half price Mikkeller Beer Club code? 

It’s a closed shop normally, but some idiots have cancelled and freed up some space. Genuinely amazing stuff you’ll never get anywhere else.

Just now, RJ Fan club said:

I’ve had some of their stuff, they sell it in the craft section in Tesco, I expect you can better variety and fresher items than that though

It's relatively standard fare really, but we often went to their tap room before...you know, and it just feels good to support a local brewery. I did also accidentally order a mixed case from Flavourly, and have a home brew ready to go, so I should be set for a bit.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fancy a half price Mikkeller Beer Club code

It’s a closed shop normally, but some idiots have cancelled and freed up some space. Genuinely amazing stuff you’ll never get anywhere else.

Sounds good, PM me the code and link.

presume they deliver in the UK and that’s not currently disrupted?

what’s the damage per month Brucie? 

9 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Sounds good, PM me the code and link.

presume they deliver in the UK and that’s not currently disrupted?

what’s the damage per month Brucie? 

They deliver around the first of each month.

Cost wise its pricy, but I think worth it, especially with the half price code. About £60, dependent on currency fluctuations, so £30 for the first.

Some of the stuff though is out of this world.

You can cancel after the first one so you’re all good.

I’ll send over.

8 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

in answer to Remmie, not idea why it didn’t quote you...

The 4th picture, yeah. £5, then you have to phone to cancel.

but when you try to cancel online they give you a discount if £5 for next months and offer an upgrade of two better 440ml cans for free, if you take ten per month in the future (but this costs more)

which I’ve done, but will cancel next month.

so that’s 18 decent enough beers, and 2 snacks for £25. 

The first few pictures were Direct from Pressure Drop. 15 cans of high quality NEIPA. Not cheap like 

I also got a delivery from Purefour, which I’ve not photographed. 

I’ll be fine for a week or two, longer if I can temper my consumption 

Yeah I've been on the beer 52 aggressive promotions gravy train for a couple years now. Been a few months since they did a free case tempt back offer

5 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

It's relatively standard fare really, but we often went to their tap room before...you know, and it just feels good to support a local brewery. I did also accidentally order a mixed case from Flavourly, and have a home brew ready to go, so I should be set for a bit.

It’s decent enough stuff.

i suspect if your that local you get better stuff from them that the standard fayre the punt to the supermarkets 

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Yeah I've been on the beer 52 aggressive promotions gravy train for a couple years now. Been a few months since they did a free case tempt back offer

Their ‘beer fest’ box is great and you should get on it, some genuinely awesome beer in there and a bargain.

You don’t have to participate in the talks so don’t worry.

https://www.beer52.com/cyberfest?utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjwvZv0BRA8EiwAD9T2VbcRf1HwL2iAaQw-U_Fgw8tUUuH3KJaLuR76-gBBnxRCHOIQeA8BjxoCE6MQAvD_BwE

The Boundary beer is worth the price of admission alone!