Quantcast
Alcohol consumption during lockdown - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Alcohol consumption during lockdown

I get sleepy after a couple of beers in the house.  I tend to have one before beddy byes and drift off to something on YouTube.  There are some excellent coronavirus channels springing up, much better source of info than mainstream media imo. 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Why you not using the free copper cup, eh?

Because copper cups are to make Moscow Mules and Mint Juleps

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just about to break this open. 

877EAC01-5AAF-4BEE-B3D9-0E6E9BAF71E4.jpeg

If you like Wild Turkey it worth spending another £5 for wild Turkey 101. The Rare Breed is nice aswell but its twice the price 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

What’s the consensus on this, are people drinking a lot during this due to general stress or simply boredom and being off work?

Got a couple of mates, married with kids like, who seem to have drank every night for the last two weeks. Really making the most of it/going over the top depending on your view. 

Personally I’ve not been well for about a month, possibly had Coronavirus but uncertain and if I have had it then it’s been relatively mild. Not had a drink for a month but had three pints of 6.7% Affligem tonight and feeling half cut already. 

I have hit it hard.

I usually am pretty careful during the week, but the lack of a commute means I can get up later. I am drinking JD & Coke which must be very calorific.

At work, I walk 5k per day and always take stairs.

In lockdown,  have done no exercise. I have also started eating a lot of junk food.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I get sleepy after a couple of beers in the house.  I tend to have one before beddy byes and drift off to something on YouTube.  There are some excellent coronavirus channels springing up, much better source of info than mainstream media imo. 

Not something I ever envisaged reading. 

Like a drink in the pub , but never been much of a drinker in the house , so can't really remember the last drink I had. Fell off my exercise regime when the gym shut , eating loads of crap and finding it hard to get back on fitness lark.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Why you not using the free copper cup, eh?

The glass one is bigger. Simple as that!

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Because copper cups are to make Moscow Mules and Mint Juleps

All right, calm down Miss Daisy. 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If you like Wild Turkey it worth spending another £5 for wild Turkey 101. The Rare Breed is nice aswell but its twice the price 

I’ve had both of them mate. Prefer the normal one to the 101. Rare breed is nice for a treat like but not paying that on a regular basis!

I've had a bit more than usual, having the odd beer while working from home but not much and seems like ages since I last got pissed. I miss being drunk

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding WFH really fucking stressful. Tech strains means everything's taking twice as long to do but I have the same deadlines. Been cutting down my boozing since Christmas but this week's been an absolute cunt. Hence hitting the spirits late at night after yet another tough day.  

Went out on my bike today. Felt great, and I'm gonna keep doing it. I really can't be doing with the guilt-depression hangovers.  

On the plus side, I found a bottle of Havana Club Especial I forgot I had. It's fucking lovely.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm finding WFH really fucking stressful. Tech strains means everything's taking twice as long to do but I have the same deadlines. Been cutting down my boozing since Christmas but this week's been an absolute cunt. Hence hitting the spirits late at night after yet another tough day.  

Went out on my bike today. Felt great, and I'm gonna keep doing it. Tired of guilt hangovers.  

On the plus side, I found a bottle of Havana Club Especial I forgot I had. It's fucking lovely.

Havana club rep. Got a bottle myself just sitting there calling my name...

What will you have left to celebrate when 'something special' happens, if you slam it for no reason at all?

None of my business at the end of the day, but it's probably best not to devalue the good stuff and desensitise yourself to it.

Thus speaketh a very occasional drinker.

5 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

What will you have left to celebrate when 'something special' happens, if you slam it for no reason at all?

None of my business at the end of the day, but it's probably best not to devalue the good stuff and desensitise yourself to it.

Thus speaketh a very occasional drinker.

Drugs. 

• Upvote 1

Don't drink in the house. Last beer I had was the night the pubs shut.

For anyone worried about getting the virus, it may well be worth remembering that alcohol has an adverse effect on the immune system so keep that in mind. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

For anyone worried about getting the virus, it may well be worth remembering that alcohol has an adverse effect on the immune system so keep that in mind. 

This is where I am in my head, I've been thinking about drinking a lot (& have sat in the house & got half cut twice) but then I think about my hospital stint last year & it's putting me right off doing it more. 

Best to stay fit & healthy to fight this fucker off.

• Upvote 2

I’ve been smashing it sideways. Had a look on amazon today for gin and I reckon 50% of the gin had sold out. Might start looking into home brewing.

• Upvote 1

Haven’t touched alcohol since spring 2014 bar a slight lapse (couple of pints) in December 2015. Sorely tempted from time to time but would never go back. Almost always drank in the pub as opposed to at home, though.

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

This is where I am in my head, I've been thinking about drinking a lot (& have sat in the house & got half cut twice) but then I think about my hospital stint last year & it's putting me right off doing it more. 

Best to stay fit & healthy to fight this fucker off.

Depends what your circumstances are. If you are a key worker and going out every day and working in close contact with people then I wouldn’t recommend drinking. 

If you’ve been sitting in your house for ten days then I don’t see much risk in having a bevy to be honest. Plus, you’re Scottish. The Buckfast you have for breakfast probably does you more harm than Coronavirus. 

• Upvote 3

Perhaps slightly more than usual but nothing excessive. I've never been one to drink on consecutive nights really, one night a fortnight or so is hard enough these days. Just leads to eating a load of shite, tiredness, weird sleeping for a few nights and the mental effects others are talking about. Even at times like this when I have more opportunities, I just don't fancy the hassle that comes with it.