You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alcohol consumption during lockdown

Sugar Ape

Fucking hell it's the Carling massive uprising.

I like Belgian beer, strong and tasty. I have also been known to enjoy a lager. An ale, a Pilsner, a stout, a blonde, honey beer, fucking loads of different beers. I'm also a sucker for cool glasses. None of these things mean I look down on you for drinking a lager, unless it's fucking Carling, then you are as bad as breakfast beaners or freaks who enjoy mayonnaising chips.

Then you can burn, slowly and awfully.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If your beer isn’t brewed by monks and poured into a glass that’s shaped like a bong, you’re basically a peasant and/or a dinosaur. 

Rule No 2: If you can't stand a spoon in it, it's just pisswater.

• Upvote 1

Used the sub machine last night for the first time. What a giant piece of shit. 2 full pints of foam and then 2 pints which I had to wait for them settle and top up and which then became immediately flat after the first swig and undrinkable. I've got an IPA in there now chilling on a green light I'll try that this afternoon. I've also got 4 tiger to be delivered if there's no improvement after that it's going back. 

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've been smashing the JD lately.

Also bought 2 bottles of Carullo from Aldi, looks like a pure Estrella rip off. Anyone tried it?

I rated it 3.75/5 on my beer app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Used the sub machine last night for the first time. What a giant piece of shit. 2 full pints of foam and then 2 pints which I had to wait for them settle and top up and which then became immediately flat after the first swig and undrinkable. I've got an IPA in there now chilling on a green light I'll try that this afternoon. I've also got 4 tiger to be delivered if there's no improvement after that it's going back. 

Sounds like a user error to me, Bobby. I reckon I’ve drank 15-20 kegs without a problem. Make sure you wet the glass and pour it at an angle. I’d say the first pint is normally a bit lively but after that it should be pouring fine. 

What was the first keg you used?

49 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Sounds like a user error to me, Bobby. I reckon I’ve drank 15-20 kegs without a problem. Make sure you wet the glass and pour it at an angle. I’d say the first pint is normally a bit lively but after that it should be pouring fine. 

Affligem blonde. I followed the YouTube video you posted. I'll try it a few times before I make my mind up.

55 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Alright Tom Cruise 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Affligem blonde. I followed the YouTube video you posted. I'll try it a few times before I make my mind up.

Weirdly enough that’s the only one I’ve tried that I wasn’t that keen on. I thought it’d taste like Leffe but it had an aftertaste I didn’t like. 

You might get more luck with your IPA, doubt it’ll be as fizzy. 

Today’s offerings have been a mixed bag. 

The Tempest is deffo one I could drink all day. Would recommend. 

The Plutonium starts off great with a lovely orange taste but ends very sour. Won’t drink again. 

The German Pils was ok. 3/5

Nothing special though. 

The New England IPA was good 4/5

Would drink again. 

The Pineapple milkshake one was very milkshakey and it was nice after a 12 hour day and then halfway through I couldn’t wait to finish it. 

82807BC8-3B59-42B0-99F5-68C1E88A9499.jpeg

3FE8241E-C0CE-4F9F-9F15-485F0DCBCBA3.jpeg

6333E82F-3BAC-482B-8274-23AFA5C30722.jpeg

3FF1E6A0-4423-4051-B009-3B03F6C9DF7C.jpeg

F85CF32D-5613-4DAC-9EE8-8BDDA81A4FBA.jpeg