You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alcohol consumption during lockdown

Sugar Ape

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Omnipollo have just done a huge release and I’m genuinely tempted to buy the lot, because, fuck it, the worlds fucked! 

Most are about £6/7, if you buy from Europe before the UK Gov gets its greasy mits on it. Others are pricy, but worth it generally.

About eighteen months ago I spent a day in Omnipollo in Gothenburg, with a good book, and drank everything on the menu. It was glorious! 

Yeah, I get that the price varies from the lower mark up to the higher point.

I’d love to go through the menu, actually just a visit at the moment would be fucking great. 

Great memories. If you can remember it like 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

What is this beer? I've heard it can make you content but can also turn you into a bumbling buffoon of a blithering idiot. 

It's been that long that's its hard to remember either sensation, 6 fuckin', weeks and counting. 

I had more than one beer for the first time in ages the other night, it was wild.  

Went for a month without caffeine because of the lockdown.  I don't drink coffee, but the other day got a big bottle of Diet Coke.  I was off my tits after one glass. 

40 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I had more than one beer for the first time in ages the other night, it was wild.  

Went for a month without caffeine because of the lockdown.  I don't drink coffee, but the other day got a big bottle of Diet Coke.  I was off my tits after one glass. 

That’s not true. 

9 hours ago, TK421 said:

I've never drunk so much coffee, I just can't enjoy a drink at home, like a twat I smoke and I find myself smoking much more than the odd one, if at home, only smoked a lot when out for a pint. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I've never drunk so much coffee, I just can't enjoy a drink at home, like a twat I smoke and I find myself smoking much more than the odd one, if at home, only smoked a lot when out for a pint. 

Smoking kills the covid so it's all good. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've just ordered one of those sub pumps by Christ it better taste like a proper pint or I swear to god my empty rooms will never hear the last of it.

I thought he turned water into wine, not lager?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Went halves with my mate on a Beerwulf bottle order. Arrived a few hours ago, that’s my day sorted. 

2F9D6C64-E7C3-4417-85C9-78170A7D84F5.jpeg

5E4D1F32-0AB5-4BE6-AD32-4529FBDAF379.jpeg

Nice mate although the one on the left is screaming "headache" at me 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Nice mate although the one on the left is screaming "headache" at me 

I’m thinking of letting the Mrs drink that one. Think I’ll be ballooned off the others to be fair, one of them is 6.5%

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m thinking of letting the Mrs drink that one. Think I’ll be ballooned off the others to be fair, one of them is 6.5%

Their is a Belgian bar in Southsea and they do some very strong beers. One is about 10% and looks like tar. But that one you're gonna give the missus reminds me of a drink they do called Qwak. Wipes you clean out. I can't touch it after I had it once. Was hungover for about 3 months after it. 

That evil bastard in the middle

6a00d8341d075e53ef01b8d11f7760970c-pi

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I have a Kwak glass at home, it's boss, great beer. Intrigued by the beerwulf order now.

Thats it, Kwak. It isn't boss or great. Its ridiculous. I've been less drunk after 2 bottles of Malbec.