You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alcohol consumption during lockdown

Sugar Ape

Monday to Friday,,,,,,none.

Today did some jobs in the yard then Slayer, Black Sabbath.Metallica and 8 cans.

Watched Nordic drama on BBC4 and 2 very passable bottle of Reserve Cider from Spar.

I'll probably have a load tomorrow with a load more tunes then knock it off for the week.

Rinse And Repeat

The missus and I decided to make home-made maragritas out of fruits we had that we can't possibly eat. Here's the recipe because; margaritas:

1 part freshly squeezed lime juice

1 part freshly squeezed pink grapefruit

2 parts sugar syrup

1 part cointreau

2 parts Tequila

add ice, shake, pour into a glass with a salted rim.

Thing is grapefruits are quite big and we had three of them. So everything else had to be scaled up to keep the mix right. We even drove 20 miles to get a bag full of limes.

Man, I totally forgot how hard tequila cunts me in the bastard. 

• Upvote 1

It's a sad day - no more pub. "This house is clean" 

I could, If I wanted to, go to the wholesalers but I'd have to get a fresh barrel, get it in me car, get it out and in the cellar, so its all over. The thought of going to the hospital with a pulled back due to trying to lift a beer barrel into a pub, is something I don't fancy. Plus the Guinness barrel is a lot bigger as well, so, that its.  Great while it lasted but its 100% house from now on in.

Going to go old school today, get some gear and do some fuck buckets. Immaculate!

All these fancy IPA crafty this and that poncy-named new age beers can fuck off as I'm far as I'm concerned.  Hey look, it has a stupid name and artwork like an Alex Grey album sleeve for the latest insipid Tool record.

Give me a straightforward ice-cold Heineken any day. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

33 minutes ago, TK421 said:

All these fancy IPA crafty this and that poncy-named new age beers can fuck off as I'm far as I'm concerned.  Hey look, it has a stupid name and artwork like an Alex Grey album sleeve for the latest insipid Tool record.

Give me a straightforward ice-cold Heineken any day. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

On 26/04/2020 at 08:42, RJ Fan club said:

Some of my recent tipples 

DA4E6DA9-BDDB-479C-A8F6-E4BB300150D9.jpeg

CFD2A325-F0CD-4144-90D3-F501F856B73D.jpeg

@Remmie You can get these two in Tesco for 3 quid a pop.  The Brewdog is surprisingly good (obvs due to the Cloudwater collab).  They've a couple of more  Brewdog collabs for the same price too. 

I'm just off to Tesco now to see if they have any of that North stuff left.

53 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

One of the worlds great beers. For some reason it is ridiculously expensive here compared to other imports but well worth it. 

It’s shite. It’s a bit more palatable than bargain basement lagers like Fosters and Carling but if you’re prepared to pay well over the odds for it then the beer choices where you live must be awful. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I think it's Lidl that do a blag Peroni called Rossini and I can't taste any difference, 500ml bottles and being Lidl a lot cheaper

Lidl here do Veltins for 50c a can which is a bargain for decent German beer. It is nicer than Heineken at twice the price. 

Not been drinking much beer but got a load of Hertog Jan in now, also got 6 Affligem Tripels. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s shite. It’s a bit more palatable than bargain basement lagers like Fosters and Carling but if you’re prepared to pay well over the odds for it then the beer choices where you live must be awful. 

Unknown.jpeg

This Peroni is miles better than the (green-bottled, white labelled) Peroni "Nastro Azzuro" they charge about $15 a pint for.

35 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

@Remmie You can get these two in Tesco for 3 quid a pop.  The Brewdog is surprisingly good (obvs due to the Cloudwater collab).  They've a couple of more  Brewdog collabs for the same price too. 

I'm just off to Tesco now to see if they have any of that North stuff left.

The North stuff (Lost Cosmonauts) is ace for the money. I’ve had twice as expressive DDH that’s aren’t as good. 

The Brewdog/Cloudwater collab is very decent too, but the North Brewery stuff is better imo. 

If you’re going to Tesco, keep an eye out for some Salt Ikat, My Tesco doesn’t sell it yet. Those in the north and London do apparently (I’m South Downs/Brighton) so not quite there yet. This is it... supposedly excellent 

5B2D0884-0FF2-4EE3-BDA7-05CB76AE256B.jpeg

• Upvote 1