Quantcast
Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

• Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Frasier

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

As a direct result of this thread I thought I'd watch some clips on YouTube and it looks the type that if you get to know the characters it might be okay, it doesn't look terrible.  But it does look a bit shouty and a bit juvenile, not really my thing.  Might give it a proper go at some point. 

Yeah,I'm getting a juvenile vibe and that's not my thing at all.

I'm going to have to abstain on this. I've never seen It's Always Sunny* and, as much as I like it, I wouldn't even put Frasier in my Top Ten US sitcoms.

*This might be a good time to start watching. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm going to have to abstain on this. I've never seen It's Always Sunny* and, as much as I like it, I wouldn't even put Frasier in my Top Ten US sitcoms.

*This might be a good time to start watching. 

What are they smoking over there in the Belmont ? 

Sunny. Because it's better than Frasier. Which is pretty good. But Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Cheers are better than both. Though all three are obviously inferior to...

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive tried about 15 minutes of the first episode of Always Sunny and its awful. I cant believe its the same programme people are going on about on here. Usually a top class comedy gets you straight away,a hook if you like. This has none of that so far.

I hated the first few episodes. The first episode is shite imo. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where do you advise I start?

I’d personally power through. It’s only a few episodes of 20 minutes. But season 2 is where it starts kicking off. By the end of S2 i was in tears

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s been running for 14 seasons and has a contract to run longer. It’s safe to say that it has stood the test of time. It won’t win because old farts gon’ old fart, but it’s easy choice for me. 

voted for sunny, obviously, but what's the cut off age for being an old fart...asking for a friend. 

8 minutes ago, neko said:

voted for sunny, obviously, but what's the cut off age for being an old fart...asking for a friend. 

I don't think there is a cut off, you simply need to go around moaning about everything being shite, regardless of whether you have seen or heard it or not.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, neko said:

Honestly, I just wanted to hit out at people voting for something that I didn’t want. I’m a petty little cunt, and it was the best win I could get. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly, I just wanted to hit out at people voting for something that I didn’t want. I’m a petty little cunt, and it was the best win I could get. 

Repped for spiteful behaviour

• Upvote 1

I don’t think the first season is as bad as made out by some, it just steps up another level when Danny DeVito comes into it. It’s only seven episodes so I’d just power through it but if you can’t just start from season two. You won’t miss anything by doing that. 

Plenty of good/great comedies get off to a slow start. Blackadder, the American Office and Parks and Rec off the top of my head all have a poor first season. 

I love both of these shows, but I don't think there's much discussion about it - for me it's easily Frasier and I genuinely don't see how it's a competition. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

People slagging Frasier on here should be embarrassed 

4 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Daphne’s family are fucking shit. 

You have to concede that point, at least.