You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

• Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Frasier

On 03/04/2020 at 13:12, Moo said:

I've given up towards the end of the first episode series two.  I can see already that Frank is really good, and Dennis and De are decent, but the whole thing is rendered completely unwatchable because of Charlie and, to a lesser extent, Mac.  Two dreadful characters, the acting from them is like amateur hour, and actually the whole thing is very one dimensional.

Not for me. 

I thought the blonde woman was extremely attractive but an awful actress and the fellas were just your typical largely unfunny and infantile set of males. It reminded me of that Rules of Engagement and that was pretty bad too.

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought the blonde woman was extremely attractive but an awful actress and the fellas were just your typical largely unfunny and infantile set of males. It reminded me of that Rules of Engagement and that was pretty bad too.

Edit, replied to wrong post

Yes infantile, particularly grating from grown men (love it in The Inbetweeners) 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched a clip on You Tube where two of the fellas were in a shop discussing raping women on a boat. 

If thats your kind of humour then you are welcome too it. 

Probably the horrific and unfunny Charlie and Mac. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched a clip on You Tube where two of the fellas were in a shop discussing raping women on a boat. 

That episode was funny as fuck.

The whole point is that all the characters are complete & utter cunts.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It reminded me of that Rules of Engagement and that was pretty bad too.

You must have watched no more than 10 seconds of either, as they are worlds apart, whether you find it funny or not, they are totally different shows.

Rules of engagement is fucking shite

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s a skewed context of that clip mate. Watch the whole episode to get the full picture. The character Dennis is a borderline psycho/sociopath - he wasn’t talking about raping anyone though and the joke was about how deranged he is.

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

That’s a skewed context of that clip mate. Watch the whole episode to get the full picture. The character Dennis is a borderline psycho/sociopath - he wasn’t talking about raping anyone though and the joke was about how deranged he is.

He was implying having a woman scared to say no if he wanted to fuck her. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s a load of shite. 

nah I only saw that scene and I didn’t find it funny but I will give it a go sometime if I can be arsed 

Skip the first series - start at season 2

Tough decision this, both clear 10/10s for me. Sunny's weaker moments happened when they were still learning the ropes, Frasier's were when it was being produced like any other spin-off from the production line. Both became something really special, but then I don't think you could just dip into either and really appreciate them. 

I'm more likely to rewatch Sunny, but Frasier's characters became something on another level entirely.  Ah shit, I don't know. 

Frasier, Niles, Daphne, Marty and Roz vs Dennis, Mac, Charlie, Dee and Frank... I reckon Sunny just shades it.