You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

• Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Frasier

All tied with a few hours to go. I'm quite shocked. As funny as sunny is, it's effectively the same principle as the Simpsons but with people not cartoons. Make up a load of mad shit up, then get to the end of the show and everything is back to normal and start again next week. It's a formula that's worked for the Simpson for 30 years and about 600 episodes. There's no character development, basic arch or even an attempt of a story. As I said in my original post, I love sunny, but I don't begin to see how it's close to Frasier. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sunny is so much funnier and original than Frasier. The old farts of this forum make these things a struggle. 

#spitepost

#doormarkedpirate

Nah, it’s just different tastes. I’m in my forties, so not an especially old fart, and like stuff that was around when I was growing up, some modern stuff and plenty of things that were, as they say, before my time. For me, there’s room for a bit of everything.

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You think the Niles and Daphne romantic storyline makes for a better show? 

Niles behaviour about the whole thing is funny. Very funny. 

He's nearly as bad as Mook with his old boss. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Niles behaviour about the whole thing is funny. Very funny. 

He's nearly as bad as Mook with his old boss. 

It would be much better staying as infatuation rather than the will they won't they development to marriage. Keep it funny. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It would be much better staying as infatuation rather than the will they won't they development to marriage. Keep it funny. 

Why don't you write to multiple Emmy Award Winning Screenwriter and Producer David Angells family and tell them to exhume him and get him to change the script? 

• Upvote 1

I remember back in the early 90's when I was riding around the UK. I told my aunt and uncle, who I was staying with in London, that I had gone to Torquay to see the Fawlty Towers hotel, and was surprised that it was not at all like the show, and that nobody seemed to care about its history.

They thought I was an idiot for wasting my time.

Fast forward a few years, when they came to visit Vancouver, they were desperate to go to Seattle and see all the Frasier locations.

Oh, how I laughed.

I think Frasier is more highly rated by the English than Americans.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

You think the Niles and Daphne romantic storyline makes for a better show? 

I think everything about it makes for a better show. You may be surprised to know there are more than two characters in frasier, dealing with normal human emotional situations and making them funny - and as the show moves on, the characters change slightly for it.. Sunny just does funny mad shit that has no relation to the real world and nobody behaves any differently from episode 1 through to now. I'm not saying I don't like sunny, I do very much - in fact it's probably my favourite comedy currently on TV, but I just don't see how it is close to comparing to Frasier. I wouldn't even put it in the top 10 US comedies of all time.