You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

• Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Frasier

53 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

So far most of the negative comments seem to be... from people who have watched 15 minutes of one episode or some YouTube clips. 

Me, but if it beats Frasier I'll give it a proper go. 

• Upvote 1

Not having the recency bias at all, total bollocks. Look at both the UK and US sitcom polls, of the 4 finalists only one is from this century. Most of the entrants stopped making episodes 10-20 years ago. Nostalgia bias is far more likely and before anyone moans I'm guilty of it too

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Me, but if it beats Frasier I'll give it a proper go. 

I love Frasier but this is funnier. Start from season two and give it a couple of episodes. Should be enough to give you a feeling of it. 

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Not having the recency bias at all, total bollocks. Look at both the UK and US sitcom polls, of the 4 finalists only one is from this century. Most of the entrants stopped making episodes 10-20 years ago. Nostalgia bias is far more likely and before anyone moans I'm guilty of it too

Correct. It seems absurd to suggest anything other than the older shows are getting more bias towards them, not least because more people will have watched them. 

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

TBH it would struggle to get into a proper top 20 of all time.

You can go chronologically up to 20 years ago and there are a bunch easily better

The HoneyMooners

I Love Lucy

Phil Silvers

Newhart

Mary Tyler Moore

All in the Family

MASH

Taxi

Cheers

Larry Sanders

Seinfeld

Frasier

Its a disgwace.

I think I Love Lucy still has the funniest single scene ever, where she's coming down the stairs in the headdress, proper creases me that does.  It's bleedin gone off YouTube now, bastards. 

Having watched 6-8 episodes of Always Sunny a couple of years ago, I considered that a decent attempt to try get a handle on it, but for whatever reason, it just never happened. There were laughs, but it just didn't engage me, nor hold my interest. I watched successive episodes as something of a chore, hoping this would be the one where it catches fire, rather than looking forward to them. 

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Community was good for about 3 seasons and just got repetitive afterwards.

First three seasons are brilliant. Fourth season the creator Dan Harmon left because he’d fell out with the studio which resulted in a loss of quality but he returned for the fifth season onwards. 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I think I Love Lucy still has the funniest single scene ever, where she's coming down the stairs in the headdress, proper creases me that does.  It's bleedin gone off YouTube now, bastards. 

Yep.

The candy scene has to be one of the classic comedy bits of all time as well.

10 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Having watched 6-8 episodes of Always Sunny a couple of years ago, I considered that a decent attempt to try get a handle on it, but for whatever reason, it just never happened. There were laughs, but it just didn't engage me, nor hold my interest. I watched successive episodes as something of a chore, hoping this would be the one where it catches fire, rather than looking forward to them. 

Ive tried it but couldnt get past a couple of episodes. Even tried the second series but its just not for me. Will try Curb Your Enthusiasm soon.