You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom - The Final - Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia vs Frasier

• Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    • Frasier

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Frasier,but I still think MASH is the best ever. Modern comedies have to stand the test of time and that 'Always Sunny' is too modern to compare. 

It’s been running for 14 seasons and has a contract to run longer. It’s safe to say that it has stood the test of time. It won’t win because old farts gon’ old fart, but it’s easy choice for me. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s been running for 14 seasons and has a contract to run longer. It’s safe to say that it has stood the test of time. It won’t win because old farts gon’ old fart, but it’s easy choice for me. 

Its still running? Shouldnt even be in the competition. 

Im going to try and watch a few series to compare it,if i can.

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve only been watching ‘Sunny’ for a couple of days and haven’t even made it to the end of the second series but it’s getting my vote because it’s had me belly laughing at least once in every episode. 

Yeah, once frank comes into it, it’s great. There’s nothing that makes me laugh as hard as that. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The answer is Frasier. The answer has always been Frasier and the only slight possibility of anything beating it was Seinfeld. 

Seinfeld couldn’t even beat Cheers. I love Fraiser as much as you do so trust me and watch It’s always sunny and you’ll see what the fuss is about. Just lash it on Netflix later. 

First season is only seven episodes but it improves massively from season two when Danny DeVito comes into it. 

First vote that I genuinely can't decide. Frasier is my favourite all time sit-com whereas Sunny is my all time favourite laugh out loud US comedy. For that reason I will be leaving my vote until 7.50pm on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Viceland TV whatever that is, before that just on Netflix. It's done well making the final really, especially since it wasn't in the original qualifiers. 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a824312/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-lands-uk-broadcaster/

Cheers Cloggy , will watch a few on Netflix and see what I think

I like Danny De Vito

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive tried about 15 minutes of the first episode of Always Sunny and its awful. I cant believe its the same programme people are going on about on here. Usually a top class comedy gets you straight away,a hook if you like. This has none of that so far.

As a direct result of this thread I thought I'd watch some clips on YouTube and it looks the type that if you get to know the characters it might be okay, it doesn't look terrible.  But it does look a bit shouty and a bit juvenile, not really my thing.  Might give it a proper go at some point.