Quantcast
Great Sporting Photos - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Great Sporting Photos

40 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Is that Red Rim on Southport Beach? Can't remember the name of his works rider, died a few years ago, who fell out with Ginger. There's a good film of him riding Rummy along beach, if that's him that is. 

Yes, it is.

In 1969, British female tennis player Ann Jones won the Wimbledon women's singles title and finished the year off by becoming Sports Personality of the Year. Jones defeated Billie Jean King on Centre Court, having lost to her in the Wimbledon final two years earlier. She was the first left-handed female player to win a Wimbledon singles title.

634617E4-5990-49C5-AE25-EB4BE8A19FB4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Jim Brown I would say. I dont think OJ played for Cleveland.

Yeah it’s Jim Brown 

Mike Gatting after being hit in somewhere in the face by a Malcolm Marshall bouncer 

Maybe Malcolm knew he was going to tour South Africa in the future ...Well I hope he did 

2164.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Kane_Cooke_Donnybrook.jpg

Evander Kane KOs Matt Cooke.

Cooke was a cheap shot artist, who'd injured more than a few players in his career. He generally refused to fight, as he knew he'd get his ass kicked. He dropped the gloves and confirmed the fact with a player who was named after Evander Holyfield. Dumb.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Stickman said:

Mike Gatting after being hit in somewhere in the face by a Malcolm Marshall bouncer 

Maybe Malcolm knew he was going to tour South Africa in the future ...Well I hope he did 

2164.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

Don't think there'll ever be a finer pair of fast bowlers than Marshall and Holding

8 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Kane_Cooke_Donnybrook.jpg

Evander Kane KOs Matt Cooke.

Cooke was a cheap shot artist, who'd injured more than a few players in his career. He generally refused to fight, as he knew he'd get his ass kicked. He dropped the gloves and confirmed the fact with a player who was named after Evander Holyfield. Dumb.

Who was the comedian who quipped that he ' went to watch a fight and an ice hockey game broke out '  ?

May have been Woody Allen

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Who was the comedian who quipped that he ' went to watch a fight and an ice hockey game broke out '  ?

May have been Woody Allen

Rodney Dangerfield.

• Upvote 1