Quantcast
Great Sporting Photos - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Great Sporting Photos

5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I was there somewhere, walk up the ralla and get in through the  Fazakerley railway sidings. 

Easy to slip in ? 

• Upvote 1

Haha, yes it was. We always used to walk up and fuck around racing or not though dodgy going up the ralla as once past our domain, past the Giro and chicken factory you where in Dodge territory then after that another gangs territory. 

Found a Songys in Bechers Brook too. 

• Upvote 1

There used to be some great sport photography shown in the back page of the Observer Sport supplement, once a month, it would say who's who in picture and what's the story, two I remember was Gatting as he's bowled by Warne, another the closing stages of Dancing Brave flying down the outside to take the Arc, Breaskey who lost the ride on Dancing Brave because of the Derby loss said I could smell the prize money and then Eddery came flying past. 

I wish I'd cut them out and kept them and made a sort of scrapbook, one more was Carlos Alberto wheeling round the back of the goal after  cracking in the 4th against Italy 70, all the cameras flashing in the crowd.

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

There used to be some great sport photography shown in the back page of the Observer Sport supplement, once a month, it would say who's who in picture and what's the story, two I remember was Gatting as he's bowled by Warne, another the closing stages of Dancing Brave flying down the outside to take the Arc, Breaskey who lost the ride on Dancing Brave because of the Derby loss said I could smell the prize money and then Eddery came flying past. 

I wish I'd cut them out and kept them and made a sort of scrapbook, one more was Carlos Alberto wheeling round the back of the goal after  cracking in the 4th against Italy 70, all the cameras flashing in the crowd. 

Breaskey? You mean Greville Starkey?

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

66DC8746-4590-4AB4-8BEB-B875A5BAE307.gif

Is that Red Rim on Southport Beach? Can't remember the name of his works rider, died a few years ago, who fell out with Ginger. There's a good film of him riding Rummy along beach, if that's him that is.