Quantcast
Funniest US Sitcom Ever - Semi-Finals - Frasier vs Parks & Recreation - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Funniest US Sitcom Ever - Semi-Finals - Frasier vs Parks & Recreation

Funniest US Sitcom Ever - Frasier vs Parks & Recreation   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Funniest US Sitcom Ever - Frasier vs Parks & Recreation

Proper weird that people are saying they're not voting Fraser because it hasn't dated well when it's been compared to a show from now and not the same time.  That's comparing apples with oranges.  It's only a relevant metric when the shows are from the same time period.  P&R is very much of a stock type of comedy for now.  I really enjoy it, but I'd say it'll date poorly.  Weird.  

Simply put, Fraser is just better writing and acting all round.  Parks is very good (Swanson is great), but not as good as Fraser.  And that's a FACT*

*not a fact

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Proper weird that people are saying they're not voting Fraser because it hasn't dated well when it's been compared to a show from now and not the same time.  That's comparing apples with oranges.  It's only a relevant metric when the shows are from the same time period.  P&R is very much of a stock type of comedy for now.  I really enjoy it, but I'd say it'll date poorly.  Weird.  

Simply put, Fraser is just better writing and acting all round.  Parks is very good (Swanson is great), but not as good as Fraser.  And that's a FACT*

*not a fact

Yeah. I got fed up with Parks and Rec after about 4 series. It was funny but it just got too repetitive and lost its shine. Community was similar for me too. Frasier's writing was tremendous and apart from some of the Niles and Daphne stuff it was strong through most of its run.

• Upvote 1