You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Sevilla keen on Shaqiri

TLW

Xherdan Shaqiri could have played his last game for the Reds with Sevilla keen on the services of the Swiss star.

The Mirror reports the team who are currently placed third in La Liga, are reportedly ready to test Liverpool's resolve this summer with a £28million offer.

The proposed fee documented in the report would see Liverpool more than double their money on the original fee that  they paid for the attacking midfielder from Stoke City in the summer of 2018.

The much travelled 28 year-old has struggled for game time this season due to increased competition for places as well as a ongoing battle with muscle injuries.

When Shaqiri does get onto the playing arena, it is clear that he makes a difference to the team with his vibrancy and his creative mindset.

shaqiri4_600.jpg

He also plays with a joyful demeanour which the supporters in particular feed off.

But the truth is that we have not seen it often enough with his last start coming in the World Club Cup in the middle of December.

Jürgen Klopp has displayed sympathy for the predicament of his player saying in January:

"It’s not cool, absolutely not cool.”

“But maybe there are different reasons, for sure. Shaq is a very special player in different departments. 

“His physique is different to all others I ever saw, his muscles are unbelievable."

For his part, Shaqiri has been understandably frustrated that his lack of playing time but understands he is part of a big squad.

"We have a big, talented squad, and many have to wait for their chance.

"I have never had a problem with the coach."

View full article

On 29/03/2020 at 15:46, dockers_strike said:

I knew Shaq had no future at Anfield when Jurgen hoyed him off at half time against Southampton when he'd scored or made a a couple of goals (forget which!) in the first half.

And he reamed him publically for something anonymous in a Hokey Cokey Cup game ( Chelsea ? )

I think this could be an interesting summer for fees. I don't think Seville would pay that, but I suspect there may be less money kicking around in the game because of the virus and I reckon there'll be some clubs in distress and needing to sell, so there'll be a few bargains about. I know there's a lot of money kicking round in the game, but so many clubs carry debt and that can be ok when cashflow is good, but even if all sponsorship and TV money come through, there'll be loads of fare receipts lost and a likely late start to next season, so another delay in cash coming in.