You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

xbox one s vs xbox one x

chrisbonnie

thinking highly of getting an xbox seeing as ill be locked indoors for the forseeable future.

I had every xbox up until the 360 but sold my last 360 many moons ago

Whats the difference between the two news xboxs does anyone know?

I woudnt be a hardcore gamer, always liked playing GTA, Ghost Recon and Gears of War, Dont mind playing online but i wont lose any sleep over it if i dont. 

Also, i have a younglad, nearly 5, is he too young? im planning on selling it once this fecking coronavirus fucks off, so is there a game or two suitable for his age group?

Any advice would be great. 

If your not keeping it just buy the cheapest one. 

Get the game pass and xbox live(you need that to play online). Game pass will give you loads of games for a monthly fee. It's better than buying all the games. Loads of good games on there. 

55 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

thinking highly of getting an xbox seeing as ill be locked indoors for the forseeable future.

I had every xbox up until the 360 but sold my last 360 many moons ago

Whats the difference between the two news xboxs does anyone know?

I woudnt be a hardcore gamer, always liked playing GTA, Ghost Recon and Gears of War, Dont mind playing online but i wont lose any sleep over it if i dont. 

Also, i have a younglad, nearly 5, is he too young? im planning on selling it once this fecking coronavirus fucks off, so is there a game or two suitable for his age group?

Any advice would be great. 

I think there is an xbox one s that doesn't have a disc drive - the digital edition. That's probably the cheapest one possible at around £199 new with a game. You might be able to get it cheaper if you look around.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

so let me get this right, you dont physically need to buy the games anymore in disc form?

im 38, and i sound like my dad, im totally confused....... 

Yes this is true. Games can be digitally downloaded after purchasing from the Microsoft store or from the gamepass app that @cloggypop referred to. You can also get EA Access for less than £20 per year and you can download lots of EA games including FIFA 19.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Yes this is true. Games can be digitally downloaded after purchasing from the Microsoft store or from the gamepass app that @cloggypop referred to. You can also get EA Access for less than £20 per year and you can download lots of EA games including FIFA 19.

So out of curiosity, when you buy a game in the shops, what's in the case, a code or a disc? This wizardry has me totally confused......... 

And next in the ultimate debate, 

Xbox or PlayStation? 

No need to buy anything apart from Gamepass though, especially if you haven't had a console for a while. It's incredible value. Loads of good stuff on there. 

The non digital only version of the S does have a very good blu ray drive in it which is handy if you are likely to use it for playing blu rays/dvds/cds.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Buying games through the online store tends to be a bit more expensive than buying a hard copy. Having the disc also means you can sell it/trade it once you’re finished. 

Not a bit far more expensive 

Buy a second hand one from somewhere like game or cex especially if your not planning it being a long term thing. They'll give you a 6 month warrentu and it'll cost you not much more than £100. I still have my original model one, works fine. 

Buy one with a disc drive far cheaper in the long run. 

You can't just put a game in and play you need to install the game to the hard drive first 

Red dead redemption 2 £59.99 xbox store digital, £25 in shops

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not a bit far more expensive 

Buy a second hand one from somewhere like game or cex especially if your not planning it being a long term thing. They'll give you a 6 month warrentu and it'll cost you not much more than £100. I still have my original model one, works fine. 

Buy one with a disc drive far cheaper in the long run. 

You can't just put a game in and play you need to install the game to the hard drive first 

Red dead redemption 2 £59.99 xbox store digital, £25 in shops

I've picked up really cheap deals on the relevant games stores and it means you don't have to worry about disc out/in. Probably best to have the option of both but cheapest route is digital plus gamepass/ea access.

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

So out of curiosity, when you buy a game in the shops, what's in the case, a code or a disc? This wizardry has me totally confused......... 

And next in the ultimate debate, 

Xbox or PlayStation? 

In shops it's normally disc.

There's no gamepass on PS4 as far as I am aware so for value, it's xbox every day and every hour.

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Nier Automata is on Game Pass from April 2nd.

I got that on PS4 over a year ago, along with Astral Chain on Switch. I think they're made by the same people?

Haven't played either of them.

Assasins Creed Origins is good, isn't it? Thanks for that!

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Assasins Creed Origins is good, isn't it? Thanks for that!

Yes

Big change in the series from the last two games. Interesting changes between the two aswell. In Origins the map areas tell you how tough each region is by levels where as Odyssey the whole map just levels with you. 

Loved both of them. 

The season passes are on offer for £15 each at the moment. Not played the Origins add on yet but the Odyssey one was well worth the extra money