You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Liverpool fans

Harry Squatter

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Hello everyone.  Foreigner here with an interest in British politics as it affects my country due to a little border with you lot. But not as much interest as the politics in my own country, obviously.

But can I just say, one of the reasons your Brexit happened was because brexiteers were belittled and talked down to by anti-brexit people.  That just got the brexiteers backs up and ensured they voted to leave. Maybe learn from it and actually debate with the Tory bloke here and point out why tory politics kill many more people than any others party politics.  You know, instead of just trying to come up with clever mean names to call him or her?  Just a suggestion

I would have engaged with him had he not ended his missive with "go fuck yourself, Corbyn nonces" I treat as Im treated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

I would have engaged with him had he not ended his missive with "go fuck yourself, Corbyn nonces" I treat as Im treated.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

But sometimes taking the higher ground and just explaining why someone's wrong (in this case it's not hard) can do an awful lot more than just sinking to their level.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, that's fair enough.

But sometimes taking the higher ground and just explaining why someone's wrong (in this case it's not hard) can do an awful lot more than just sinking to their level.

Would generally agree Johnny, but in the UK just now and Trumps USA trying to be reasonable doesnt seems to be working too well at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Dear Mr Jones.

Why do you believe tory policies are best for a rich,first world country where a significant number of the poorest members now rely on food banks? Why are the tories obsessed with making the very wealthy wealthier and everybody else poorer? Why does your party hate the idea of free education and health to everybody regardless of financial status? How come highly paid education produces such stupid and ignorant people? Why do they hate Merseyside so much? Do you really believe its the politicians dictating government policy or their wealthy donors,who coincidentally seem to benefit from such policies?

Looking forward to your answers.

Oh,and Yer ma.'

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Would generally agree Johnny, but in the UK just now and Trumps USA trying to be reasonable doesnt seems to be working too well at the moment.

There is also that. 

And don't get me wrong, talking down to morons is cathartic at times. As Brexit is now done, I only take down to the leave-voting gobshites as they're right up there with the yank morons who still support Trump.

But a Tory voting Liverpool fan can be spoken to at times.  Although I accept that him calling all you labour voters nonces does somewhat justify the abuse in return

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dear Mr Jones.

Why do you believe tory policies are best for a rich,first world country where a significant number of the poorest members now rely on food banks? Why are the tories obsessed with making the very wealthy wealthier and everybody else poorer? Why does your party hate the idea of free education and health to everybody regardless of financial status? How come highly paid education produces such stupid and ignorant people? Why do they hate Merseyside so much? Do you really believe its the politicians dictating government policy or their wealthy donors,who coincidentally seem to benefit from such policies?

Looking forward to your answers.

Oh,and Yer ma.'

See!  Don't you feel much better now?

Although now seeing my suggestion in all its living glory, I'm starting to wonder if abusing with gay abandon is more fun.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Hello everyone.  Foreigner here with an interest in British politics as it affects my country due to a little border with you lot. But not as much interest as the politics in my own country, obviously.

But can I just say, one of the reasons your Brexit happened was because brexiteers were belittled and talked down to by anti-brexit people.  That just got the brexiteers backs up and ensured they voted to leave. Maybe learn from it and actually debate with the Tory bloke here and point out why tory politics kill many more people than any others party politics.  You know, instead of just trying to come up with clever mean names to call him or her?  Just a suggestion

Debate what? He hasn't offered an argument for anything.

15 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Debate what? He hasn't offered an argument for anything.

I'd argue he has.  He's said Tory's are great.  That's your starter, instead of just abuse, which leaves the Tory to say he was abused by the lefties again.  Vlad has done it in his post.  So far no answer form the Tory as it calls him out.

Sinking to a low level is always what a person wants when in the wrong. Trump does it always.  

8 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I'd argue he has.  He's said Tory's are great.  That's your starter, instead of just abuse, which leaves the Tory to say he was abused by the lefties again.  Vlad has done it in his post.  So far no answer form the Tory as it calls him out.

Sinking to a low level is always what a person wants when in the wrong. Trump does it always.  

I'd agree with your original point to a degree. If - as I said - he'd made an argument.

"Torys are great" is not an argument. It's an assertion. And a pretty meaningless one. Most likely a provocation given the context. So most likely - or even intended - to lead to abuse...

48 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I'd agree with your original point to a degree. If - as I said - he'd made an argument.

"Torys are great" is not an argument. It's an assertion. And a pretty meaningless one. Most likely a provocation given the context. So most likely - or even intended - to lead to abuse...

He said "The conservative party represent sound economic judgement and realistic social responsibility.".  Plenty there to correct him on.

But I suppose my point is just abuse lets people like him off the hook. He gets to say "went on a Liverpool sight and told them I was a Tory and all they did was abuse me.  Not a logical statement among them". I just like the idea of forcing them to answer for how they support wit questions.

Don't get me wrong, a bit of abuse has its place too.

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

He said "The conservative party represent sound economic judgement and realistic social responsibility.".  Plenty there to correct him on.

But I suppose my point is just abuse lets people like him off the hook. He gets to say "went on a Liverpool sight and told them I was a Tory and all they did was abuse me.  Not a logical statement among them". I just like the idea of forcing them to answer for how they support wit questions.

Don't get me wrong, a bit of abuse has its place too.

I'd say this Curtis bloke is on the wind-up.

Mind you, there are people here that would tell Churchill to go fuck himself the moment he'd posted his first, considered, statesmanlike, Nobel-laureate-standard Conservative comment on TLW.  Me included most likely, the bulbous brandy-nosed cunt.

• Upvote 1

On 07/04/2020 at 21:33, CurtisJones said:

The conservative party represent sound economic judgement and realistic social responsibility.

It saddens me to see the conservative party rhetoric on LFC forums, with the strong penchant for anti Margaret Thatcher bashing, like it should represent sound thinking and social commentary about what we're tough decisions and economic game changers in the long term.

Go fuck yourselves, Corbyn nonces.

OK. Let's try the debating thing.

The first point about "sound economic judgement" is demonstrable bullshit.  In 2010 when David Cameron's coke-addled fag (in the public school sense of the word) launched a decade of cuts to jobs, pay, pensions, services and benefits he did so "to deal decisively with our country's record debts".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jun/22/emergency-budget-full-speech-text

After 9 years of Tory rule, the National Debt had increased by £760 billion.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281761/national-debt-of-the-united-kingdom-uk/

By the Tories' own measure, their handling of the economy has been a calamitous failure.

The second point about "realistic social responsibility" is baffling. What the fuck does it mean? I would argue that, realistically, a wealthy country has a social responsibility to provide decent jobs, decent and sufficient housing, proper pensions, investment in technologies to minimise and mitigate climate change, efficient public services, free access to good quality education and  - of course  - universal, comprehensive healthcare, free at the point of use. Presumably, based on their track record, Tories would have a significantly different interpretation of that phrase.

If @CurtisJones hasn't skulked off to lurk for a couple more years, like some neoliberal cicada, maybe he could clarify what he means by "realistic social responsibility".

• Upvote 1