Quantcast
Report: West Ham interested in signing Loris Karius - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Report: West Ham interested in signing Loris Karius

West Ham has emerged as a possible new home for Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Loris Karius.

The German has been on loan at Besiktas for the last two seasons, but despite the thought that a fresh start away from the intense gaze of Anfield would see him thrive, it has been anything but a smooth ride with Karius making his fair share of poor errors and publicly berated by his former manager.

Besiktas has made it known that they are not interested in paying the £7.25m that it would require to make the move permanent.

In a new development, The Mirror (via Voetbal) reports that the Hammers have registered an interest.

The East London outfit have had their fair share of issues between the sticks this season with Number 1 Lukasz Fabianski missing a number of months with an hip injury. 

While his deputies, Roberto, Darren Randolph and David Martin are not thought to be good enough, and manager David Moyes has identified the position as a key one to strengthen and believes he can get the 26 year-old for a cut-price feel around £4.5 million.

kariusheader.jpg

However, this is competition for his services with Belgian side Anderlecht and Sporting Lisbon of Portugal also thought to be monitoring the situation.

Where Karius next ends up next in his Football career is uncertain, what seems ever more likely is that the keeper has made his last appearance for the Reds.

View full article

Adrian is our biggest problem.  Adrian is Klopp's worst signing ever.  If it weren't for Adrian, we'd still be in the European Cup and a lot more than just 25 points ahead in the League.

Adrian.  Adrian.  He's shite.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, skaro said:

Adrian is our biggest problem.  Adrian is Klopp's worst signing ever.  If it weren't for Adrian, we'd still be in the European Cup and a lot more than just 25 points ahead in the League.

Maybe Karius was? If it weren't for him we may have had another EC.

• Like 1

Good luck to Karius if he does sign for West Ham. I know different people have different opinions about the lad and they're entitled to them.

I think we just need to move on and let him rebuild his career. Keep going on about him costing us the CL isnt going to change the result. Like Adrian, it is what it is.

This one has to be a wind-up. West Ham's penchant for dodgy keepers was contagious long before Corona. Roberto was being held up as possibly the worst keeper ever in the league after his mistakes against Spurs/Newcastle/Burnley etc. before they shipped him off quickly in January .. Fabianski was flapping all over the place when he came back too, David Martin couldn't crack a game in the Championship and the less said about Adrian the better. Adding Karius to their repertoire of recent keepers would be the cherry on a very shit cake.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Maybe Karius was? If it weren't for him we may have had another EC.

Was being facetious. 

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Huh? How would we be more than 25 points clear? Allison was in goal Watford away wasn’t he? 

• Like 1

I cant recall him doing anything wrong in the Man Utd game either.

I didnt think we would get any money for Karius and we would have to cancel his contract/pay him up. If West Ham are willing to give us £4.5m for him Michael Edwards needs to go on the Apprentice and not Karen Brady.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Huh? How would we be more than 25 points clear? Allison was in goal Watford away wasn’t he? 

I was being sarcastic, mate.  Albeit not very wittily.

6 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Karius for a vote in favour of us being given the title in the event of the season being cancelled.

Brady is already backtracking about the season being declared void, so you might be onto something. 

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Brady is already backtracking about the season being declared void, so you might be onto something. 

She thinks that by signing our former number 1 she is getting one over on us. What she doesn't realise is that Karius is really number 2 in every sense of the word.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Those Leicester games make me think of Matt Elliott. A yard dog of a defender but he was excellent against us and fairly sure he scored as well.   Seem to remember there being a clamour for us to sign him at the time too as his toughness was the opposite of what we had back then.
    • It would be the right way to go, but not the cheap way to go.   People should make their peace with the fact that we ain't signing anyone unless player(s) of commensurate value depart the football club.
    • I’ve no idea if we’re gonna sign this fella or whether he’s any good, but I was thinking recently that some older signings away from our traditional model under FSG might actually be the right approach for the next couple of windows because of players like Jones, Williams and Elliot.   however promising they are, they’re too young and inexperienced yet to be anything other than a drop off from the quality of our first team, but there’s reasonable levels of hope they can contribute and maybe even get to be regulars in time.   that means we don’t want to block their progress, but also that we don’t want to rely fully on them.   so wouldn’t signing a couple of players who are a little older and could just be seen here for 2 years or so, be the right way to go?

• Jürgen Klopp has expressed his delight with Curtis Jones committing to the club for the next five seasons.

The home-grown talent has impressed when given opportunities in domestic cup competitions famously scoring the winner in the FA Cup against Everton earlier this season and also showing nerves of steel to score the winning penalty in the Carabao Cup thriller against Arsenal.

The manager has signalled that the 19 year-old will play an increased role in the seasons ahead and expressed his delight about the signature.

The Official site reported Klopp as saying:

"Today’s news is more about reward. 

"When Curtis signed we made promises to him that if he continued to improve and grow as a player that we would make sure we recognised that and that is what we have now done. 

“That is our way here.

“We want our young players to achieve their maximum and a big part of that is keeping the focus on their journey and not just a destination. You have to make sure their development is constant, otherwise you are failing them.

“I could not be more pleased or proud to see how he has blossomed. Super attitude – brilliant application – and a really important member of this squad now.

“His quality is not in doubt; technically and ability-wise at the highest level. But plenty of young players have the skills, it’s about more than that if you want to achieve potential and Curtis is showing it.

“For Curtis now it’s about continuing his improvement. If he does that, he can achieve anything he wants in the game. I think we are the perfect environment for him, so it’s a very cool situation.

“I love it that our supporters will be able to enjoy having more than one ‘Scouser in our team”

The youngster was naturally thrilled to commit to his boyhood club and the faith that they have shown in him.  

“For me, as everyone knows, it's massive. 

“It’s my boyhood club and it's the whole of my family's club as well. 

“For me it's huge. I think the environment and stuff is all positive and keeps me as positive as I can. Of course we're working with a great manager and around the best team in the world, so for me it was easy and [I'm] extremely proud. 

Jones said that he loves learning from the senior midfield unit and has placed high expectations in what he wants to achieve at the club.

“Once I sign, I don't really think about that. 

"I just want to go out on the pitch and be the best I can and show everybody the player that I'm going to be in the future. 

"As soon as I signed now, I'm straight back out there, 100 per cent work again. 

“As I said before, I'm looking forward to the opportunities that the manager and the rest of the staff will be giving. 

“I'm here to make history at the club and try and be a legend at the club and want to be remembered by the whole of the fans throughout the whole time that LFC lasts.”

View full article
    • Brandt is 24 and Goretzka 25, they are both rated as about the same value (Transfermarkt) but approximately €6-7M less than Thiago so would seem to be more fitting to our model? Unlikely either would be available if we were interested unless we slap the money on the table but as we’re newly crowned CHAMPIONS, they’d come with a premium added no doubt.   Curtis Jones has just signed a new deal so likely he’s expecting to play more in the future and that might be a better indicator of whether we’re going to sign a central midfielder or not.   It’d also create space for another academy player to be brought through.  
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway