Quantcast
John Carpenter’s Prince Of Darkness - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Anubis

John Carpenter’s Prince Of Darkness

Just stepped into the back garden for some air and there is some real John Carpenter’s Prince Of Darkness style shit going on in the night sky.

A crescent moon hanging directly beneath a very bright star in a NW direction.

Had to check out front that there weren’t a group of homeless people with very bad complexions, stood in a group in the road, gazing up at it.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just stepped into the back garden for some air and there is some real John Carpenter’s Prince Of Darkness style shit going on in the night sky.

A crescent moon hanging directly beneath a very bright star in a NW direction.

Had to check out front that there weren’t a group of homeless people with very bad complexions, stood in a group in the road, gazing up at it.

Venus.

• Upvote 2

Did you see the space station? It went over at 7.42. Was like Star Trek first contact. Will be back tomorrow. There was a satellite too. The night sky is beautiful these days.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Did you see the space station? It went over at 7.42. Was like Star Trek first contact. Will be back tomorrow. There was a satellite too. The night sky is beautiful these days.

What? Ive never seen it 

One of my favourite horror films. Not quite up there with The Thing in Carpenters oeuvre, but pretty damn close. 

Love that the soundtrack is pretty much just a two note synth bass pulse that runs pretty much throughout the film, to amazingly creepy effect.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

Had no idea it was going over. Will look out for it tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

One of my favourite horror films. Not quite up there with The Thing in Carpenters oeuvre, but pretty damn close. 

Love that the soundtrack is pretty much just a two note synth bass pulse that runs pretty much throughout the film, to amazingly creepy effect.

Theres an air of malevolence to the whole film which to a big wuss like me is really unsettling

• Upvote 3

In my top 3 Carpenter films. Nothing too flashy, just a brooding atmosphere that hangs over everything. When the world ends, I hope there's a synth soundtrack to it.

It gets extra points for a proper moustache on the hero too.

• Upvote 1