You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Croissants

Remmie

Fucking lovely little buttery cunts, co-op do a great croissant if you grab them fresh out of the oven first thing.

I used to sneer at cafes stuffing them with fillings and think why mess with the French system, they are great as they are but now the cafe at work do cheese and mushroom croissants that could just make you spend all day finger banging your arsehole marvelling at the taste perfection.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I reckon I would take a good almond croissant over a pain au chocolat these days.

A bad almond croissant where they stuff it with weird marzipan-type stuff though?  A croissant catastrophe.  A croissastrophe, if you will.

You know who else likes croissants?  The great country of Argentina, that's who.  (the best)Steak(in the world) and red wine for dinner, then croissants for breakfast.  They know their shit them muchachos.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Fucking lovely little buttery cunts, co-op do a great croissant if you grab them fresh out of the oven first thing.

I used to sneer at cafes stuffing them with fillings and think why mess with the French system, they are great as they are but now the cafe at work do cheese and mushroom croissants that could just make you spend all day finger banging your arsehole marvelling at the taste perfection.

Also very appreciate that Coronosaints made you think of Croissants.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I reckon I would take a good almond croissant over a pain au chocolat these days.

A bad almond croissant where they stuff it with weird marzipan-type stuff though?  A croissant catastrophe.  A croissastrophe, if you will.

You know who else likes croissants?  The great country of Argentina, that's who.  (the best)Steak(in the world) and red wine for dinner, then croissants for breakfast.  They know their shit them muchachos.

I don't think I've had an almond croissant that wasn't filled with marzipan effluence, colour me intrigued

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Apparently the best croissants in the world are made here in Melbourne at this cafe in Fitzroy called Lune. I’ve never been but happy to explore for the forum and post my review.

Are they filled with Vegemite and a Kraft slice?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Remmie said:

3 courses of croissants and unlimited coffee? That sounds class. $35 is a fucking lot to pay for a couple croissants but I'd give it a whirl

£18 fo that is extortionate to be fair. The sort of stuff you’d only do once.

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

How do you get on with the pronunciation over here JJ? I lose my shit, I ask for a “quàsson” and they look at me

like a cunt (which is fair enough) and then go ah you mean crossant? Which then leads me to looking like a bigger twat and expounding on French pronunciation.

did this in an Italian place  in Sydney, and the fella started asking us where I’m France I was from, I think he might have been taking the piss.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Apparently the best croissants in the world are made here in Melbourne at this cafe in Fitzroy called Lune. I’ve never been but happy to explore for the forum and post my review.

Had them, they’re ok, but also blowing smoke up their own arses. 
it’s a croissant, it’s good with ham and cheese, it’s not gonna win a fucking race or save any lives (sorry diabetics- forgot about you, liven up).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

You’ve taken something really bloody good, and then took a big old turd on it by sticking mushrooms in there.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

You’ve taken something really bloody good, and then made it fucking incredible on it by sticking mushrooms in there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

How do you get on with the pronunciation over here JJ? I lose my shit, I ask for a “quàsson” and they look at me

like a cunt (which is fair enough) and then go ah you mean crossant? Which then leads me to looking like a bigger twat and expounding on French pronunciation.

did this in an Italian place  in Sydney, and the fella started asking us where I’m France I was from, I think he might have been taking the piss.

Crassont will do. 

2 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

I mostly go quàssont I reckon, keeping it frenchy real, but with a hint of a t at the end to cater for the local lingo. Never had a problem with anyone thinking I’m French.