Quantcast
Insects and Bugs etc - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Insects and Bugs etc

Anyone else seeing relatively big spiders already? Had to lash 3 out of the house in the last week. 

Also - does anyone remember that summer in the 90's when their were them orange and black caterpillars all over the place? What a summer that was. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone else seeing relatively big spiders already? Had to lash 3 out of the house in the last week. 

Also - does anyone remember that summer in the 90's when their were them orange and black caterpillars all over the place? What a summer that was. 

No but fucking ants are back. Last year, the fuckers ate through the pointing on one of our outside walls and I had to get the builder in to fix the damage. I'll have to get another one of those ant bait trap killer things again. That'll teach the fuckers, again.

Hate insects. Hate spiders. Hate anything that's small and crawls or flies or has more legs than is necessary. And they all kill each other in the most horrendous ways like they'll paralyse their prey, keep them alive, pull off their limbs, lay eggs in them and let the babies eat it.

Fucking twats. 

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No but fucking ants are back. Last year, the fuckers ate through the pointing on one of our outside walls and I had to get the builder in to fix the damage. I'll have to get another one of those ant bait trap killer things again. That'll teach the fuckers, again.

How fucking big were these Ants

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This damselfly I saw last July. Even with my crappy phone cam you can see the amazing details on the wings.

dragon2.jpg

Where the fuck was that? Set of Avatar? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Where the fuck was that? Set of Avatar? 

Leighton Moss nature reserve near Morecambe Bay. Probably more strange creatures around there than on Pandora, to be fair.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Repped.  Mainly for the way the ants fling their legs out when they jump.  Little D'Lo Brown dickheads.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Hate insects. Hate spiders. Hate anything that's small and crawls or flies or has more legs than is necessary. And they all kill each other in the most horrendous ways like they'll paralyse their prey, keep them alive, pull off their limbs, lay eggs in them and let the babies eat it.

Fucking twats. 

Haha the way they deal with each other is gruesome and uncalled for

17 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Got bitten on the calf a couple of years ago mowing the grass - ended up on antibiotics and could hardly walk for a week. Ridiculous. 

Christ what by? Any idea? 

Found about 30 of these in an old plant pot the other day.

chafer-larva.jpg

Turns out they're the grubs of rose chafer beetles. Popped them back, and am now awaiting my beetle army to spawn. Pretty sure they'll remember my act of kindness and recognise me as their leader.

• Upvote 2