You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1 - 3rd Rock From the Sun vs The Office

Bjornebye

Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1

• 3rd Rock From The Sun
    • The Office

What the list should be:

1. 3rd Rock From the Sun
  2. The Office
  3. Community 
  4. Cheers
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  7. Arrested Development
  8. Frasier
  9. Seinfeld
  10. The Phil Silvers Show
  11. It’s always sunny in Philadelphia 
  12. The Larry Sanders show
  13. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  14. Friends
  15. Parks & Recreation 
  16. M*A*S*H
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

What the list should be:

1. 3rd Rock From the Sun
  2. The Office
  3. Community 
  4. Cheers
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  7. Arrested Development
  8. Frasier
  9. Seinfeld
  10. The Phil Silvers Show
  11. It’s always sunny in Philadelphia 
  12. The Larry Sanders show
  13. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  14. Friends
  15. Parks & Recreation 
  16. M*A*S*H

In my opinion, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Taxi, Happy Days, The Adams Family and The Munsters also deserve to be included. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I quite liked 3rd Rock when I was a kid. Haven't seen it for at least 15 years, no idea if I'd like it now.

Couldn't get into The Office US at all.

I’ve never bothered with The Office US on account of not liking the British version. Perhaps this is because I’ve never had an office job, but then again, I love Fawlty Towers despite never having worked in a hotel.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never bothered with The Office US on account of not liking the British version. Perhaps this is because I’ve never had an office job, but then again, I love Fawlty Towers despite never having worked in a hotel.

I think I didn't like the US version of the Office for the same reason I've struggled to get into Veep (US version of The Thick of It). Expectations were too high having seen the British version. 

I do generally think that the UK is much better at programmes that are supposed to be funny with some serious bits, whilst the US are better at the opposite.

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Taxi, Happy Days, The Adams Family and The Munsters also deserve to be included. 

The Golden Girls is one of the most depressing programmes that has ever existed. 

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not a fan of The Golden Girls or The Mary Tyler Moore Show myself, but both regularly make best Americans sitcoms lists.

It’s only highly rated on some lists because they say it’s groundbreaking for being female led and featuring elderly people, completely missing the fact that it’s a crime against humanity. 

Even my Nan wouldn’t watch it and she used to make me watch Little house on the prairie.