You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Facemasks, PPE and Preppy Thread

Pureblood

On 03/05/2020 at 12:10, TK421 said:

WHO advice is wishy-washy half-baked nonsense.  It disregards the risk of asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic spreaders of the virus. 

Lots of countries are ignoring it and making masks compulsory, it's outdated already even though it was only updated recently. 

@Barry Wom

• 1 month later...

Have to say, I'm all aboard the face-mask train now. I went to Aldi on Saturday dinnertime and I was one of 3 people who had a facemark on. It was pretty busy and the only others were two old women in there together. None of the staff had any on either. Must have been about 60 people in there. I think people are thinking its all but gone. 

Ive seen friends post pictures of themselves on holiday on Facebook. What the fuck is wrong with people 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have to say, I'm all aboard the face-mask train now. I went to Aldi on Saturday dinnertime and I was one of 3 people who had a facemark on. It was pretty busy and the only others were two old women in there together. None of the staff had any on either. Must have been about 60 people in there. I think people are thinking its all but gone. 

Ive seen friends post pictures of themselves on holiday on Facebook. What the fuck is wrong with people 

Face mask train? Sounds like a murder mystery excursion.

Almost overnight everyone you see in shops here is wearing a face mask. It feels much better.

But can anyone tell me where everyone’s getting the black washable ones from?They can’t all be buying them online

Load of fucking nonsense.

They are talking about a spike in South Liverpool and having a conference on it now.

Nothing makes sense. On the one hand they say the virus has risen, but on the other hand they are not really testing people and they are saying when they do the data is unreliable.

How can you know you have an outbreak again if no one is being tested? My sister is a nurse in the Royal and only got tested 2 weeks back. My mate who is in having a back op, only got tested at the weekend having been in hospital for two weeks.

Nothing but nothing makes any sense no matter where the info comes from, WHO, the government, fucking bill gates, whoever. What a shambles.

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

Almost overnight everyone you see in shops here is wearing a face mask. It feels much better.

But can anyone tell me where everyone’s getting the black washable ones from?They can’t all be buying them online

If its airborne, like they've suddenly decided, you'll be getting it either way. You can wear a mask as much as you like.

13 minutes ago, Champ said:

Chevron Clothing in Wrexham. They even have Spiderman ones.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If its airborne, like they've suddenly decided, you'll be getting it either way. You can wear a mask as much as you like.

I’m wearing a mask to provide some protection to others and if everyone does the same it makes things a bit safer for all of us

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’m wearing a mask to provide some protection to others and if everyone does the same it makes things a bit safer for all of us

I have already over the last three months received about 10 washable masks, one of which has replaceable filters that should last a month's use each or so between washes of the mask. I can use all ten of these in rotation between washes. I have just ordered 500 disposable masks that can be used for light use for a day and each 50 cost £2.99. Between £5 and £15 the washable ones. The more you pay, the better the quality is the general order of these things.

@TK421 was all over this early and I jumped on board very early. I have been using a mask for every shopping trip I make. But certainly not everyone has been. In fact the first week of pubs opening people were leaving the pub and coming into the shop drunk. Twats.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you don't have a disease, how is anyone safer for you wearing a mask?

Seriously? You're infectious before you show symptoms and some people don't get symptoms. It's just erring on the side of caution.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Maybe I should wear a radiation suit too, just in case I've been involved in a Hulk-style gamma ray accident and never realised it.

If that had happened recently to millions of people around the world, then yes, you probably should.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you don't have a disease, how is anyone safer for you wearing a mask?

If there is no one crossing the road at a red light, how is anyone safer for cars stopping?

16 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I have already over the last three months received about 10 washable masks, one of which has replaceable filters that should last a month's use each or so between washes of the mask. I can use all ten of these in rotation between washes. I have just ordered 500 disposable masks that can be used for light use for a day and each 50 cost £2.99. Between £5 and £15 the washable ones. The more you pay, the better the quality is the general order of these things.

@TK421 was all over this early and I jumped on board very early. I have been using a mask for every shopping trip I make. But certainly not everyone has been. In fact the first week of pubs opening people were leaving the pub and coming into the shop drunk. Twats.

Where are the 50 for £2.99 please mate.