You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Facemasks, PPE and Preppy Thread

Pureblood

7 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

To protect the patient, the mask catches big droplets from the inside.

Look, here's deal. You've admitted that the masks catch droplets. You've admitted that they reduce the risk of passing the disease on, especially for people who are infected and don't want to pass it on through droplets.  We know that some people are asymptomatic but still capable of infecting others.  That being the case, everyone should wear a mask in public. 

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Because you say so? Hope you have a shitload of them as constantly wearing them reduces any effectiveness they have, hope they are FFP-3 too.. masks alone like most are wearing without protecting eyes, hands and other pores ain't doing shit to protect you from it. Hope you go full Altern-8 when you're out and about 

Ah, more Altern-8 jokes. Wonderful.

1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Yes, I bought mine from an approved seller.

But even if it was home made I'd still wear it. 50% of germs (for arguments sake) is better than 100%.

They also help reduce the viral load.  So by the same logic, I'd rather be hit by 50% of a viral load by some coughing wanker than the full 100%.  That could be the difference between life and death as my immune system gears itself up for the fight against the virus.  If I get a big dose of viral load my immune system might not have time to fight the disease.

And once more, I would reiterate that the main reason I wear a mask is not to protect myself but to reduce the risk of passing it onto others in the event that I'm carrying the virus but happen to be asymptomatic.

But you crack on with the Altern-8 jokes.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I agree with TK on the mask thing tbh. And the gloves. If I could get hold of one and was going out I’d do it. Just sensible and considerate of others.

Well done, Lizzie.  That's what we like to hear.

Put the GIFs away and get onboard the mask train. Choo-choo!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Shhhhhh everybody don't wear masks okay. Anubis and Skendo have said so and Anubis, well he has fwends and the fwends said definitely don't wear them. So hush now and shhhhhh, we don't want to upset anyone who doesn't like the masks even though the World Health Organisation admit that they help reducing the spread of infection and we don't know who is infected because some carriers are asymptomatic, but shhhhhh never mind all that just be good little boys and girls and don't wear a mask at all because a disease that enters and exits through the mouth and nose couldn't possibly be prevented by wearing a mask okay so just shhhhhh let's not have a grown up discussion about it okay we can't even discuss it because Anubis's fwend said so. Shhhhhhhhhh quiet at the back. 

I see you’ve entered pre-flounce mode. 

And for clarification, because you clearly can’t read, I haven’t told anyone not to wear a mask, merely pointed out that wearing an inadequate mask is not going to protect you from the virus. Whereas clearly you’d rather lull people into a false sense of security.

Now, let us start the countdown...

FalseShamelessGreatwhiteshark-size_restr

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

And for clarification, because you clearly can’t read, I haven’t told anyone not to wear a mask, merely pointed out that wearing an inadequate mask is not going to protect you from the virus. Whereas clearly you’d rather lull people into a false sense of security.

Wearing a mask isn't done to protect me from the virus.  It's done to prevent me spreading it in the event that I cough/sneeze/breathe next to other people, so that I don't infect them.  

I'm not trying to lure anyone into a false sense of security.  Everyone should be self-isolating to the maximum extent possible. But when they do go outside, a mask should be worn. 

Are you still in the courts spreading germs?

49 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Keep seeing people mention Altern-8.  Had to google it as I’d genuinely never heard of them.

Their first album was called "Full On Mask Hysteria", which would have been an excellent choice of thread title.