You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Facemasks, PPE and Preppy Thread

Pureblood

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Emporium. 

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Souk.

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Bazaar.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Mini-mart.  Downsized supermarket, fits inside a petrol station.  Sells pies, antifreeze...

I bet you don't get these in Scotland, @Mook?

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't think I have heard any Frank Zappa. With the enforced time off, it might be the right time to become enlightened.

This is heavily jazz influenced. Never would have thought that of Frank Zappa.

Don't want to derail the thread but Zappa made a lot of what you could call jazz, Hot Rats or The Grand Wazoo are probably the two best examples. Be careful with Zappa though, once you're in, you're in, I've got about 30 of his albums & counting.

We can discuss it on a music thread at some point anyway mate.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I bet you don't get these in Scotland, @Mook?

Reminds me of a shop I saw in a village up in the Highlands called 'Desirables - Garments of Distinction'. Sold loads of old women's dresses.

Fucking great name/header for a shop though.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Don't want to derail the thread but Zappa made a lot of what you could call jazz, Hot Rats or The Grand Wazoo are probably the two best examples. Be careful with Zappa though, once you're in, you're in, I've got about 30 of his albums & counting.

Yes, kindly take your odd time signature/guitar fret masturbation fetish elsewhere. 

This thread is for the mask revolution and home-made sanitizer recipes. 

52 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've applied to tesco to be a delivery driver while i am not able to teach people to drive. The Government have all the details of approved driving instructors and have not tapped into it at all.

If you get in and there’s any free slots/late cancellations give us a shout mate. I’m almost out of rum and can’t be arsed going out. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Czech Republic government has made wearing masks in public compulsory after a social media campaign gained massive momentum.

That's what we need here. 

OK. Where do we get them? And are they actually of any use compared to staying inside?

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

OK. Where do we get them? And are they actually of any use compared to staying inside?

I got mine from eBay.  They are still available on eBay, but there was a big clampdown on private sellers who were selling fakes so it's business sellers only on there now.  If eBay smell a rat they take the listing down.  

They need to be combined with social distancing, not seen as a substitute for it.  Stay at home.  But if you must go out, wear a mask.

The solution is for everyone to wear a mask, like in countries where they have had some success in controlling the virus (Hong Kong, South Korea etc.) 

I agree about masks and I don't like this western idea that they're useless in this situation. Yeah, if you're a medical professional on the front lines, I imagine you need a very specialized product that has a high degree of protection and there aren't many of those available for the average person, but surely even just those surgical masks, or whatever they're called to cover your mouth and nose are better than nothing.

Especially with the talk of viral load being decisive in the very serious cases. Anything that can potentially reduce that if you get exposed shouldn't just be scoffed at. 

I don't have one because I basically don't have to go anywhere but it would actually be reassuring to me if wearing masks caught on at a large scale. 

44 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Unless they have the required classification they are not much use at all. And that’s coming from several health professionals I’ve spoken to. The types of mask you need are currently selling at several hundred pounds. There is a severe shortage. They are needed first and foremost by front line medical staff, and not internet cunts like us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Unless they have the required classification they are not much use at all. And that’s coming from several health professionals I’ve spoken to. The types of mask you need are currently selling at several hundred pounds. There is a severe shortage. They are needed first and foremost by front line medical staff, and not internet cunts like us.

This is pure hearsay.  So you are saying the Czech government is wrong?

Czech Republic 1 Anubis 0

GET A MASK

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't think I have heard any Frank Zappa. With the enforced time off, it might be the right time to become enlightened.

This is heavily jazz influenced. Never would have thought that of Frank Zappa.

You should never expect anything from Zappa, he just recorded whatever the hell he wanted and just churned out an ridiculous amount of music in loads of different styles.

Plus there are still a shed load of recordings in the vault that never came out either.  

7 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm at about 50 or so now. Been working through them for quite a lot of years now. I was introduced to him by someone I worked with when I was at college when I was about 16 or 17 who was a really good guitarist and did a lot of jazz work.  

Plus he produced quite possibly my favourite ever album cover.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Don't wear a mask kids. If you're not used to wearing one you will forever be adjusting it, always touching your mask and face with your hands. That have touched surfaces where particles could be present, bringing the virus to the areas where it could infect you.

All of my companies branches received 300 face masks from the Influenza pandemic preparedness plan, they also received a letter saying these need to be replaced as soon as an order comes in, apparently the same for the NHS. No gloves, sleeves goggles or sanitizer gel. And as said the masks are ok but 300 will last one of our businesses about a week and we can’t get anymore from anywhere