You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sterling: I love Liverpool and they are still in my heart

TLW

Raheem Sterling has publicly revealed that he still has a deep love for the club that he began his senior career with.

The Man City forward was once a loved figure at Anfield after coming to the club as a 15 year-old from QPR.

It was clear that the youngster had talent but like many in that position, he needed someone to guide him through the ups and downs of being a professional.

That individual was Brendan Rodgers who initially used the tough love approach, but from there the relationship blossomed and peaked spectacularly in the 2013/4 season where Sterling was a pivotal member of the squad which went heartbreakingly close to ending the title drought.

image.png

As the performances of the team crumbled after that bitter disappointment, Sterling seemingly looked to greener pastures where he believed his career goals could be fulfilled.

While the usual suspects on the continent were mentioned, he eventually signed for Man City in a deal close to £50 million.

While no one would begrudge a player a move if they do not want to be at the club anymore, but the way Sterling and his advisers handled his exit a lot to be desired.

It led to a lot of acrimony whenever Liverpool played City and in truth, was probably the birth of a fierce rivalry between the two teams which has escalated several levels in the years since.

Sterling conducted a Q and A session on the account of his management agency and the question was put to him whether he want to play for the Reds again.

His answer as reported by the Echo is as follows:

Would I ever go back to Liverpool? To be honest with you I love Liverpool.

“Don’t get it twisted, they are always in my heart. 

“It’s a team that has done a lot for me growing up so…"

It is a fascinating response especially when you take into account the European ban hanging over the head of City.

The Echo ran a poll asking the readers whether they would take Sterling back but it is clear the resentment for the individual is still high with over 70% saying No.

However when it is all said and done, it is nice to know that Sterling still respects the club that gave him an opportunity which to his credit he grabbed with both hands.

View full article

When the prize is £200,000 a week and a place in the best team in the country, if I was likely to get it I'd say I loved it being shoved up Mook's arse.

If he was directly asked if he would join Liverpool in the future my guess is two options: insult Liverpool or compliment Liverpool. Although he could have said how great Liverpool are but he's happy where he is...

I think a lot of the bitterness with Sterling is down to the antics of his agent , and to be fair he was given a fairly rough ride by some of our fans when he was here , you only have to see the forum at the time. He decided to move on to where he felt he could earn and win more trophies ( which he has to be fair ) and we got some scintillating performances from him under Brendan and a tidy profit on him. I will get on his back when he comes to Anfield , but only because he seems to shrink under the pressure and it affects his performance.

Putting Sterling to one side , the general hypocrisy over players is pretty obvious. Engineer a move and they are a traitorous cunt , if we want them signed from elsewhere , they should fuck their club and fans off and go on strike.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Probably not as true as him being a race card playing lying rat though but hey ho it'll keep the pc brigade happy. 

Bellend.

Instead of using phrases like "race card" or "pc brigade" why not just write "I'm a fuckwit" on your face with a biro?

• Upvote 2