You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Cole and Coronavirus

Ron B

I've no idea why anybody would seek to preserve a season which hasn’t even started at the expense of one which is three-quarters completed. There's plenty of scope to have a meaningful next season even if this one doesn't complete until Autumn. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, aws said:

I've no idea why anybody would seek to preserve a season which hasn’t even started at the expense of one which is three-quarters completed. There's plenty of scope to have a meaningful next season even if this one doesn't complete until Autumn. 

Self preservation. Cole and Ferdinand don't want West Ham in the Championship. Ferdinand also doesn't want us winning the league. 

Finish this season, if it goes into next year so be it. Split the following season into four groups of five seeded, top two in each group go through to two leg knockouts.

Winners of the knockout go into CL then semi and final to find Champions.

Uefa places decided for one season only by third place in the groups. 
No cup games. European games to be played after extensive play-offs. 
No groups, straight to knock. Big teams come in later. Probably fucked something up, but there you go.

54 minutes ago, aws said:

I've no idea why anybody would seek to preserve a season which hasn’t even started at the expense of one which is three-quarters completed. 

That’s what betrays their motive, isn’t it. With nowhere else to go, you then get the it’s for people’s health diversion. Even though nobody is suggesting we play before it’s safe and the issue therefore becomes a logistical rather than public safety one.

They are all just obsessed with stopping Liverpool lifting the title and using a pandemic as an excuse to do so. If the league did decide to cancel the season then I hope Henry and co get their legal team on the case and tie the league in knots and legal red tape preventing the start of the nee season. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

They are all just obsessed with stopping Liverpool lifting the title and using a pandemic as an excuse to do so. If the league did decide to cancel the season then I hope Henry and co get their legal team on the case and tie the league in knots and legal red tape preventing the start of the nee season. 

And then the same twats who want the league cancelled would slag the club off over how we are putting winning the league over people’s lives even though the likes of Cole, Ferdinand , Allardyce etc etc are doing the same thing over us not winning it...

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Trust me there was no sign of intelligent life to begin with.

I've probably told this story before about Joe Cole and was told it by a coaching instructor on an FA coaching course when Cole was a young player and the coach was part of a young England team with Cole a regular player.The coach knew he had a slight injury to one of his knees and it needed to be bandaged up although he was still able to play. Anyway, this coach saw him before the game with a bandage on each knee knowing only one needed it and asked Joe Cole why he had bandaged up both of them, his answer was 'So the opponents won't know which one to kick.'

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've probably told this story before about Joe Cole and was told it by a coaching instructor on an FA coaching course when Cole was a young player and the coach was part of a young England team with Cole a regular player.The coach knew he had a slight injury to one of his knees and it needed to be bandaged up although he was still able to play. Anyway, this coach saw him before the game with a bandage on each knee knowing only one needed it and asked Joe Cole why he had bandaged up both of them, his answer was 'So the opponents won't know which one to kick.'

Brilliant.

On 24/03/2020 at 10:10, chrisbonnie said:

any ex player claiming the league should be voided is just proving what everyone thought about them in the first place. That they are brain dead twats.

I was reading a piece on The Athletic, yes i know, they do ramble on a bit. But the general consensus in the article was that from the meeting the officials had from the premier league last thursday was that in no way will the league be voided,and apparently Ed Woodward was one of the loudest voices to this. Which imo is a good thing.

I see the headline on football365 is an idea about finishing the league in China. 

Dare i say, not the worst idea in the world is it.  

He would be cause a voided season fucks United much more than it would us. 

Some of their fans don't get that. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd say not as stupid as he looks but that was always going to be a tough ask.