You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Cole and Coronavirus

Ron B

If only there was a way wee could know what the results of the games played are already so we could continue the current season. Starting it from scratch is effectively scrapping the current one which has already been ruled out.

Joe is a window licking prick. 

Well Joe, its oft been said that the League is a marathon and not a sprint (and I’m not talking chocolate bars or cans of pop Joe!) so let’s say we assume that it is a marathon hey?

If so it would be that the pack, led by Man City, would be at the 18 mile mark of the 26+ miles, and Liverpool are at the 25 mile point and still going strong, way ahead of the others.

Does that make it any easier to understand why your suggestion is as thick as you are?

Not that being on the staff at relegation threatened West Ham has skewed your judgement hey?

• Upvote 1

I see Ferdinand has come out and said it should be voided now as well, with a new season started only when this pandemic is all over and it’s fully safe to do so. Apparently that’s not about him being partisan.

The thing with people coming out with this is - and clearly football isn’t important at the moment - if you’re only going to start a new season when it’s safe to do so, i.e. quite feasibly outside the normal August-May league scheduling, you pause everything indefinitely now and play this one to a finish whenever the time comes. Or that time never comes, so you never play football again.

Those are the 2 current options. I don’t buy anyone calling to arbitrarily void this season so you can start a new one in November, or February 2021 or whatever. And if it’s safe for football to kick off in August, we just finish this one then and sort the rest out afterwards. 

The pious cries of void it to protect health are pure bullshit. Pause all football to protect health, obviously, fine. Indefinitely. Stop trying to then opportunistically dictate what happens next, while effectively accusing Liverpool of putting the game above people’s lives.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I see Ferdinand has come out and said it should be voided now as well, with a new season started only when this pandemic is all over and it’s fully safe to do so. Apparently that’s not about him being partisan.

The thing with people coming out with this is - and clearly football isn’t important at the moment - if you’re only going to start a new season when it’s safe to do so, i.e. quite feasibly outside the normal August-May league scheduling, you pause everything indefinitely now and play this one to a finish whenever the time comes. Or that time never comes, so you never play football again.

Those are the 2 current options. I don’t buy anyone calling to arbitrarily void this season so you can start a new one in November, or February 2021 or whatever. And if it’s safe for football to kick off in August, we just finish this one then and sort the rest out afterwards. 

The pious cries of void it to protect health are pure bullshit. Pause all football to protect health, obviously, fine. Indefinitely. Stop trying to then opportunistically dictate what happens next, while effectively accusing Liverpool of putting the game above people’s lives.

any ex player claiming the league should be voided is just proving what everyone thought about them in the first place. That they are brain dead twats.

I was reading a piece on The Athletic, yes i know, they do ramble on a bit. But the general consensus in the article was that from the meeting the officials had from the premier league last thursday was that in no way will the league be voided,and apparently Ed Woodward was one of the loudest voices to this. Which imo is a good thing.

I see the headline on football365 is an idea about finishing the league in China. 

Dare i say, not the worst idea in the world is it.