You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

If you are capable of getting to the shop then do so and shop sensibly.

If you are booking a delivery in during this just because you are a lazy bastard then you are a fucking gobshite. 

People should do their bit no matter how big or small to help those elderly or vulnerable. You might think one little delivery of food because its convenient won't matter, well guess what, it fucking does. 

Amen. 

All well and good but the other night I made my way to Asda and it was choc full of mouth breathers who had no consideration for others, simply barging their way through nicely spaced queues, loading trolleys, etc

Now I'm all for doing my bit but I'm putting myself and family at risk each time I have to go out for essentials. I'm also putting others at risk as my missus is still having to work as a "key worker" so each time she comes home there is a risk of infection involved. I did have groceries delivered up until a few weeks ago (as I often do, I'm not jumping on a bandwagon) however I did start going out to shops but starting to think deliveries is the best option.

I was going to order a pizza too. But, I thought it wouldn't be on if I didn't make the base myself, chopped and mushed the tomatoes to make the sauce and acquired a buffalo to source the mozzarella from. 

It'd be selfish to not try and do all this first as somebody with a bad toe might have wanted the delivery slot. 

• Downvote 1

The issue with going the supermarket is that people seem to revert back to normal when they get beyond the queue control outside. Went to ASDA yesterday and everyone was keeping their 2m and then as soon as you get in, people are walking down the middle of the aisle, standing next to you to look at the spices etc. And then to cap off the maze of infection spreading, they revert back to the social distancing because there's some staff at the tills. If this crisis has taught me anything with regards to food shopping it's that people fucking love being close to one another unless you're wearing mask as people aren't sure whether you're being proactive or have the plague to avoid/glare.

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I was going to order a pizza too. But, I thought it wouldn't be on if I didn't make the base myself, chopped and mushed the tomatoes to make the sauce and acquired a buffalo to source the mozzarella from. 

It'd be selfish to not try and do all this first as somebody with a bad toe might have wanted the delivery slot. 

Funny you should say that, I burned my left hand a little bit the other day and it wasn't until today that I noticed it. Does that mean I can order a pizza?

27 minutes ago, Wabbit said:

The issue with going the supermarket is that people seem to revert back to normal when they get beyond the queue control outside. Went to ASDA yesterday and everyone was keeping their 2m and then as soon as you get in, people are walking down the middle of the aisle, standing next to you to look at the spices etc. And then to cap off the maze of infection spreading, they revert back to the social distancing because there's some staff at the tills. If this crisis has taught me anything with regards to food shopping it's that people fucking love being close to one another unless you're wearing mask as people aren't sure whether you're being proactive or have the plague to avoid/glare.

Yes I've noticed that aswell. Personally I think they ought to make shops one way systems. The other day I wanted to go down the aisle with the cereals, they were in the middle section of the aisle. Someone was checking the prices and looking at products and they were actually moving towards my end slowly. And I mean slowly. So rather than risk squeezing past them, I walk around the next aisle that was a lot wider and went to walk in from the other end. Only problem was now this person had changed direction and was now walking slowly towards the other end! I decided to get bread for toast instead.

The little ' one stop ' shop by me did the one way system and then one of the assistants knocked a jar of Loyd Grossman ragu sauce off the first aisle shelf and it splattered everywhere and he had to close the aisle. Nobody had a fucking clue what to do ,with people bumping into each other and snarling.like a crowd scene on the Walking Dead

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The little ' one stop ' shop by me did the one way system and then one of the assistants knocked a jar of Loyd Grossman ragu sauce off the first aisle shelf and it splattered everywhere and he had to close the aisle. Nobody had a fucking clue what to do ,with people bumping into each other and snarling.like a crowd scene on the Walking Dead

That's Tesco on a good day.

10 hours ago, sir roger said:

Wish he'd have knocked the actual Lloyd Grossman on the floor as then you'd know exactly what to do to him.

My missus did an online shop the other day and it arrived yesterday. 

I don't know if it's just is but she always just seems to order a shit load of tea bags and tomatoes. No real issue with thread tea bags, but neither of us even put tomatoes on a sandwich, so why the fuck did she order so many tomatoes...... 

The idea is good with online shopping, but we never sell to order what we actually need. 

Before anyone replies, I know, we're the spa's that did the order (insert face palm emoji here) 

48 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I pulled someone on eBay for selling antibacterial hand wash and santizer at hugely inflated prices. His response:

3DBFECBA-FB18-4DE9-B8C7-7071FD5B9FA9.jpeg

What a cunt!

Get some aloe vera gel and a bottle of 99.9% isopropanol.  Two parts isopropanol mixed with one part aloe vera gel. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Get some aloe vera gel and a bottle of 99.9% isopropanol.  Two parts isopropanol mixed with one part aloe vera gel. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7945578

On 06/04/2020 at 02:33, manwiththestick said:

All well and good but the other night I made my way to Asda and it was choc full of mouth breathers who had no consideration for others, simply barging their way through nicely spaced queues, loading trolleys, etc

Now I'm all for doing my bit but I'm putting myself and family at risk each time I have to go out for essentials. I'm also putting others at risk as my missus is still having to work as a "key worker" so each time she comes home there is a risk of infection involved. I did have groceries delivered up until a few weeks ago (as I often do, I'm not jumping on a bandwagon) however I did start going out to shops but starting to think deliveries is the best option.

Had to go out last week to get a printer to print my blood request forms after my shitty canon mx 885 shit out after I’d just spent 150 quid on ink for the bastard. 
so as we were in a quite quiet shopping precinct, called into Aldi, as my missus has broken her wrist she is a bit fucked for doing it alone, but we were masked and gloved up.

anyway, navigates a fairly empty Aldi, gets to the queue and there’s a hold up as someone is buying something fucking stupid without a barcode, fair enough shit happens.

but the woman in front of us can’t just stand and wait in line for a few minutes, she has to walk up and down and browse, and keep cutting past me and the missus, I nearly lost me shit, but the missus told me to wind it in. Fucking fat useless miserable auld twat, just stand and wait yer fucking turn.