You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

Just now, A Red said:

There you go again, hinting at being vulnerable without saying so. Anyway, you are getting there, really close, dont give up now. 

Would you, now calm yourself , would you now be prepared to wait until there was no back log of more vulnerable people trying to get slots and they were more plentiful, before actually doing your big shop online?

I'm trying to help you save face here, no need to thank me.

I'm not hinting at anything. I'm just disagreeing massively with the implied starting point of your argument, that non-vulnerable people will just brush of contracting coronavirus. It doesn't stand up to scrutiny. They might. Or they might get unlucky like the 21 year old girl today. Or the otherwise fit and healthy people whose lungs have stopped functioning. I'd rather take my own steps to minimise the risk than leave it to chance. 

Your question involves a parameter that can't really be measured and to decide that a lack of delivery slots means that vulnerable people are missing out would involve a massive amount of speculation. It's a poorly thought out question. 

I don't need to save face. I haven't lost it. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm not hinting at anything. I'm just disagreeing massively with the implied starting point of your argument, that non-vulnerable people will just brush of contracting coronavirus. It doesn't stand up to scrutiny. They might. Or they might get unlucky like the 21 year old girl today. Or the otherwise fit and healthy people whose lungs have stopped functioning. I'd rather take my own steps to minimise the risk than leave it to chance. 

Your question involves a parameter that can't really be measured and to decide that a lack of delivery slots means that vulnerable people are missing out would involve a massive amount of speculation. It's a poorly thought out question. 

I don't need to save face. I haven't lost it. 

You were so close damn you! Then the self preservation instinct kicked in, fuck everyone else.

Maybe the parameters will be right for you one day and you will take a small risk to help someone at big risk.

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

2 x Mars Bar

2 x Snickers

2 x Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut

Peanut M&M’s

Galaxy Minstrels

2 x Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Wine Gums

Roll of Izal

tombstone.png

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

You were so close damn you! Then the self preservation instinct kicked in, fuck everyone else.

Maybe the parameters will be right for you one day and you will take a small risk to help someone at big risk.

Where's the fuck everybody else bit? You're becoming laughable now, with these ridiculous lies. 

If you point me to a resource that records the amount of vulnerable people who are waiting for delivery slots, that might help me answer your question. Is it a spreadsheet? 

I'm not a vulnerable person. I'm speaking purely from the viewpoint of somebody who doesn't want to get the virus and will take steps to minimise that risk. If I was vulnerable, why would I have went to the shops earlier? Or mentioned on here about going out for walks when vulnerable people have been advised to stay indoors. You're doing that thick thing again too. 

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Where's the fuck everybody else bit? You're becoming laughable now, with these ridiculous lies. 

If you point me to a resource that records the amount of vulnerable people who are waiting for delivery slots, that might help me answer your question. Is it a spreadsheet? 

I'm not a vulnerable person. I'm speaking purely from the viewpoint of somebody who doesn't want to get the virus and will take steps to minimise that risk. If I was vulnerable, why would I have went to the shops earlier? Or mentioned on here about going out for walks when vulnerable people have been advised to stay indoors. You're doing that thick thing again too. 

You have shown a complete lack of empathy in this thread, its pretty much all been about you and why should you take risks? No understanding that you might do something to help others in the common good, particularly as you wouldnt be able to see what good it would do. You talk of parameters, spreadsheets and analyse any question in terms of the risks to you. You show no understanding that sometimes you should yourself help strangers in need but hide behind other people doing it.

Other than a brief mention of loved ones and that its sad someone supposedly not at risk has contracted the disease, there is zero concern for anyone but yourself in this thread. The idea that the vulnerable need help is not on your radar other than someone else should do something about it, not you, anyone but you. The idea of helping strangers is completely alien to you because of the risks. Go read your responses in this thread.

Serious question and genuinely not trying to be offensive - Are you bi polar?

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nobody who is fit and well should be online shopping unless they are living with vulnerable people, online shopping should be for the vulnerable only right now.

With hindsight I wish I had said it this way initially.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

You have shown a complete lack of empathy in this thread, its pretty much all been about you and why should you take risks? No understanding that you might do something to help others in the common good, particularly as you wouldnt be able to see what good it would do. You talk of parameters, spreadsheets and analyse any question in terms of the risks to you. You show no understanding that sometimes you should yourself help strangers in need but hide behind other people doing it.

Other than a brief mention of loved ones and that its sad someone supposedly not at risk has contracted the disease, there is zero concern for anyone but yourself in this thread. The idea that the vulnerable need help is not on your radar other than someone else should do something about it, not you, anyone but you. The idea of helping strangers is completely alien to you because of the risks. Go read your responses in this thread.

Serious question and genuinely not trying to be offensive - Are you bi polar?

Haha. I've put an online shop on. Calm down. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nobody who is fit and well should be online shopping unless they are living with vulnerable people, online shopping should be for the vulnerable only right now.

Exactly. It's not risk free but it's a lot less risk than the vulnerable face doing the same task. 

• Upvote 1

We still haven't really seen any evidence that an increase in online shopping has resulted in vulnerable people being unable to get shopping. 

Particularly, there's a massive lack of evidence to show that one person placing an order in one area of the country has the knock on effect of making a vulnerable person in another area of the country have to wait longer. 

If vulnerable people rely on online shopping more, is it possible that the delay in delivery times might be because these people have reacted to the virus outbreak en masse and it's their orders that have caused the delay? 

Once we've answered these questions, then we can moan about my ONE order allegedly stopping people getting their food. 

• Downvote 1