You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Sainsbury’s prioritising the elderly and infirm for deliveries now. Is that an equaliser? 

Fair play to them. I've said from the outset that I'm happy for supermarkets to devise a system that prioritises the old and vulnerable. But, I'm not happy to tackle a supermarket, particularly with some of the queueing with no social distancing that we've seen. However, since the discussion where A Red didn't care if I got ill or passed it on to others yet called ME selfish, supermarkets now seem to have got a grip and improved their social distancing measures so I might consider shopping in person if the situation appears safe enough to do so. 

Just look at Ashley Young's viral tweet. The essence of it is that the UK supermarkets are dangerous places and that they should improve their social distancing measures, like in Italy. 

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Fair play to them. I've said from the outset that I'm happy for supermarkets to devise a system that prioritises the old and vulnerable. But, I'm not happy to tackle a supermarket, particularly with some of the queueing with no social distancing that we've seen. However, since the discussion where A Red didn't care if I got ill or passed it on to others yet called ME selfish, supermarkets now seem to have got a grip and improved their social distancing measures so I might consider shopping in person if the situation appears safe enough to do so. 

Just look at Ashley Young's viral tweet. The essence of it is that the UK supermarkets are dangerous places and that they should improve their social distancing measures, like in Italy. 

I thought you were finished with this tread.

You are completely misrepresenting what I said, on purpose obviously, as you are trying to move away from your position which was you thought the suggestion that those that could,  give up slots should in favour of those that are vulnerable, was the most ludicrous thing you had read on the internet. You then hinted at being vulnerable yourself so therefore quite clearly you were not one of the ones i suggested should give up slots, as i said quite a few times.

I still dont know if you are at risk, if you are, shop online. If you are not then at least consider giving up a slot, perhaps try to do click and collect. Or, at least stop trying to make an argument against people trying to help others.

The reason why you are no better than the worst type of tory, the ones you often have said you despise, is that you have no thought at all that those that can, should help those in need in this case. You were given loads of opportunities to say you thought they should but you refused. 

You carry on sticking your fingers in your ears and flouncing in and out

36 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What was your reason for being out of the house? Why are you ignoring the government’s advice and putting pensioner’s lives in danger? It’s irresponsible and could get you into trouble with A Red on here. 

I popped round to yer ma's house to plug her leak.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just to clarify, I came back into the thread for a nose. And decided to comment as the poster who attempted to summarise my posting style said that it includes sniping and then went on to carry on sniping about me. 

You couldn't make it up. Thick and hypocritical. 

Tory cunt.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What was your reason for being out of the house? Why are you ignoring the government’s advice and putting pensioner’s lives in danger? It’s irresponsible and could get you into trouble with A Red on here. 

He might as well have brought a gun with him and taken pot shots at the poor innocents he so callously condemned.

52 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

There you go, proof to justify yourself.

People, do not spend extra time in the shops doing vulnerable peoples shopping, you might catch it. For fucks sake dont volunteer to help people in any way, you are putting yourself at extra risk.

You, the healthy ones are more important than the vulnerable ones, if they die they die, they've had an innings, they are dispensable. Be like Nelly only do for yourself and your immediate family. Somebody else, in time will help them, you can rest assured at that.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Why won't you just admit that you were wrong and that everybody is at risk? 

That's true to some extent, but also a bit misleading. Your average person under 55 walks through this. The number of fatalities under the age of 55 is statistically insignificant. It's similar to those dying from flu at the moment (although granted more need hospital treatment). What's weird is they don't understand why some people are getting it so bad, when others are virtually untouched. They know obesity and blood group plays a role, but other than that it just seems random - which means we are all at risk, which makes it pretty scary!

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

isn’t it government advice to do your shopping online via delivery? 

I’m glad the Supermarkets are prioritising those in need. Although I’m not sure how they’re doing that. 

The written advice is that shopping should be as infrequent as possible. But, in his address to the nation, the PM suggested using online deliveries if possible. 

43 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

That's true to some extent, but also a bit misleading. Your average person under 55 walks through this. The number of fatalities under the age of 55 is statistically insignificant. It's similar to those dying from flu at the moment (although granted more need hospital treatment). What's weird is they don't understand why some people are getting it so bad, when others are virtually untouched. They know obesity and blood group plays a role, but other than that it just seems random - which means we are all at risk, which makes it pretty scary!

Fuck! 

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

‘Kinell, some of those prices are eye-watering. I’d need to win the Lottery!

Is 5 bananas for £1.79 expensive?