You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronasaints

Bruce Spanner

The guy in my local shop.

It was my day off on Friday so I took the kids to school, I called in my local corner shop to try and get some bread and milk but i was in before they had their delivery, the man said it would be about 45 minutes, I said I would try and get back later on.

Forgot all about it, went home went out for a few hours on my bike and went back to the shop in the afternoon to get some other bits I needed, unsurprisingly they had no milk or bread left. Went to the counter and the guy popped into the back and came back with a 4 pint of semi skimmed and a wholemeal loaf. Not only did he keep them for me, he remembered what types of milk and bread I usually buy.

Not much but it is the little things. 

• Upvote 12

Starsleeper Ltd.
on Wednesday

As the music industry has ground to a halt and nothing will be happening in the next couple of months we hope we can be of assistance to the NHS in our nationwide time of need. We have 8 tour buses sat here in our yard near Nottingham doing nothing and perhaps we can offer our vehicles for use to local hospitals for staff to rest or sleep between their long shifts currently. Perhaps the hospitals could offer a cleaner some work looking after the buses daily if we parked them on site at local hospitals. Even if it was somewhere for the nurses, doctors and staff to take some time away between shifts and not go home to disturb their families etc. Our double deckers have 16 beds and the single deckers 8 beds. Just an idea and if you know of anyone high up the tree in the NHS or at local facilities that you could send this to then they could reach out to us and we can maybe help out? Good or bad idea? Thoughts welcome.

Liverpool and Scotland star Andy Robertson is believed to be the player behind a large donation made to help keep six food banks in Glasgow running.

Robertson's intervention is the latest heartwarming gesture made by a high-profile sportsman to help tackle the coronavirus crisis.

According to The Times, the 26-year-old full-back is extremely committed to charity work but prefers not to publicise the efforts he has made to improve the lives of others.

The donation has helped a number of centres based in the city and surrounding areas going, with many locals heavily affected by the ongoing health crisis.

Glasgow NE Foodbank, which is based near Celtic Park, is thought to have provided over 53,000 meals. 

And in a tweet, the project expressed their gratitude for Robertson's selfless act. It read: 'Thanks to the Scottish footballer who donated a large sum to the food banks, including us. Without the support of generous individuals we would struggle. We cannot thank him enough.'

Scotland captain Robertson, who reportedly earns around £60,000 per week, has also ensured that Glasgow SW Foodbank, Glasgow NW Foodbank, Glasgow SE Foodbank, Rutherglen & Cambuslang Foodbank and East Renfrewshire Foodbank can continue to operate during difficult circumstances. 

Ibrox-based Glasgow SW Foodbank tweeted: 'It's an amazing gift and we are so grateful.' 

Robertson has been involved with a food bank initiative during his spell with Liverpool, and last week donated to the Back Onside mental health charity in his homeland. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8139761/Andy-Robertson-thought-player-donation-kept-SIX-food-banks-Glasgow-going.html

• Upvote 2

Our TJ Hooker. Will be out delivering pharmaceuticals while most of us are indoors playing with our bollocks. He might even run a few cunts in groups over that are flouting expert advice and putting lives at danger. 

TotalWellgroomedDragon-size_restricted.g

F79NTn5.gif

• Upvote 4

On 22/03/2020 at 18:24, Bjornebye said:

Care Workers visiting those in need all day. Seen them 3 fold over the last few days. 

Absolutely. This is even more impressive when you consider viral load, which means the amount of the virus you are infected with has a proportional impact on how poorly you become. This is why young-ish, healthy-ish medics are suffering too.

My wife who is running an NHS department about to go onto the frontline.  She's leaving behind her hunk of a husband and two kids, one who has autism and is struggling with the change of routine BADLY, to help those who need it most.  She cried last night.  Partly because of what she is facing in work and putting people into departments where they're open to the virus, and partly because we decided to pull our daughter out of school despite having a health care plan and craves routine.  I went the school yesterday with her and she recoiled in fear when seeing the teachers in face masks and plastic gloves.  Is it the right decision?  Who fucking knows, we're in uncharted territory here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

On 22/03/2020 at 09:04, Doctor Troy said:

Roman Abramovich 

Wilfred Zaha

I think Roman the Russian may have done it before Neville, not that it’s a competition.

but fair play to them. Also good to see the no footy on the GF laws being openly flouted.

long may it continue.

beans for everyone!

D04E66AD-528F-46DB-9BDD-A16C6647FE2F.jpeg

Edited by Audrey Witherspoon
I read the thread, and saw what he said, which answered my original reply, so I edited the bastard didn’t I.
  • Upvote 2