You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronacunts

Bruce Spanner

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Maybe she’ll add you again when this has all blown over. 

I hope so, it's hard work being a genuine cunt at the best of times.

I don't know how true it is, but there's talk of mobile app called 'House Party' that is getting access to Internet passwords etc from phones. Maybe no one has it but if you have, you may want to check that things like PayPal, Spotify, mobile banking are not effected. 

Me, I might be a Coronacunt because of a proper moral dilemma I've been landed with. I feel like whichever way I go I'm a Coronacunt. 

Been doing a bit of shopping for my elderly, and quite poorly, neighbour who asked me last Saturday to get him a copy of that rag if I was going shopping.  I wasn't going shopping that day so that was my answer, but I'll likely be going next Saturday (or on another Saturday in the near future) and I'm sure he'll ask me again.  What do I do?  Of course every fibre of my being wants to say no in the strongest possible terms. 

Circumstances are I don't live in Liverpool so would be able to get my hands on a copy, but he knows I'm from Liverpool so feel he shouldn't have even asked but hey ho.  My other half is not from Liverpool however agrees with my stance on the rag but not with the same level of feeling so I think probably would be willing to make the purchase if asked again. 

Wtf do I do? 

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Me, I might be a Coronacunt because of a proper moral dilemma I've been landed with. I feel like whichever way I go I'm a Coronacunt. 

Been doing a bit of shopping for my elderly, and quite poorly, neighbour who asked me last Saturday to get him a copy of that rag if I was going shopping.  I wasn't going shopping that day so that was my answer, but I'll likely be going next Saturday (or on another Saturday in the near future) and I'm sure he'll ask me again.  What do I do?  Of course every fibre of my being wants to say no in the strongest possible terms. 

Circumstances are I don't live in Liverpool so would be able to get my hands on a copy, but he knows I'm from Liverpool so feel he shouldn't have even asked but hey ho.  My other half is not from Liverpool however agrees with my stance on the rag but not with the same level of feeling so I think probably would be willing to make the purchase if asked again. 

Wtf do I do? 

Tell him they were all sold out of bogroll. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't know how true it is, but there's talk of mobile app called 'House Party' that is getting access to Internet passwords etc from phones. Maybe no one has it but if you have, you may want to check that things like PayPal, Spotify, mobile banking are not effected. 

Probably some sneaky viral marketing.

I've never heard of it

I Google it

See that the hacking rumours have been debunked. 

What tf is house party anyway? 

Hmm sounds interesting

I'll give it a download and have a mooch.

???? 

Profit

Something like that anyway. 

18 minutes ago, Moo said:

Wtf do I do? 

Just be up front and tell him your a Liverpool fan and you won’t get it. Make it clear you’ll help with any food or medicine shopping, but not that.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just be up front and tell him your a Liverpool fan and you won’t get it. Make it clear you’ll help with any food or medicine shopping, but not that.

He already knows and I've pulled him up for reading it years ago, which is why I can't help feeling a bit annoyed, but I feel really tight for that as his head must be all over the show (apart from the worries of Covid he's also undergoing chemo at the moment).  Ffs. 

If my other half agrees to his request do I attempt to put my foot down, or just say I'll leave them to it and to keep me out of it? 

edit, I think I've answered my own question there, just to let the other half deal with his shopping list and she can do what she wants whether that's buying it in secret or when I'm in another aisle buying his milk

41 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Probably some sneaky viral marketing.

I've never heard of it

I Google it

See that the hacking rumours have been debunked. 

What tf is house party anyway? 

Hmm sounds interesting

I'll give it a download and have a mooch.

???? 

Profit

Something like that anyway. 

Don’t bother. Other family members had tried it. They said it was rubbish 

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Wtf do I do? 

He's a Sun reader, why in the name of holy fuck are you helping him in the first place?

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It looks legit from first sight and it is iOS compatible so *shouldnt* be able to steal Creds. I suspect this could just be a scare to out the shits up people as a lot of people have joined it.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

He already knows and I've pulled him up for reading it years ago, which is why I can't help feeling a bit annoyed, but I feel really tight for that as his head must be all over the show (apart from the worries of Covid he's also undergoing chemo at the moment).  Ffs. 

If my other half agrees to his request do I attempt to put my foot down, or just say I'll leave them to it and to keep me out of it? 

edit, I think I've answered my own question there, just to let the other half deal with his shopping list and she can do what she wants whether that's buying it in secret or when I'm in another aisle buying his milk

Buy him the viz, or the beano or a jazz mag, if he wants news but him a newspaper. Fuck the sun tho.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

He's a Sun reader, why in the name of holy fuck are you helping him in the first place?

He's a good neighbour and was for a number of years before I knew he read the s*n. 

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Tell him you will buy any other newspaper but not that one.

You respect him and want to help,  hopefully he will show you the same respect. 

I think the need of Liverpool fans to abuse people who are not associated with the club or city about the Sun is wrong.  There is a massive issue with a rag like the Sun being the biggest selling paper in the UK, but abusing or angrily lecturing people with no association with the city or club because "I'm a Liverpool fan" just doesn't wash and I think just winds people up and does more harm then good.  As the poster here is from Liverpool I think it is perfectly reasonable and right for him to point out the harm that paper did to his City and say that he won't morally buy it. That's fair.  Abusing him, or lecturing him because of it won't achieve anything I don't think.

I'm Irish and hated the Sun well before Hillsborough due to its anti-Irish sentiment, and general evilness.  I put the Express and the Mail in the same category as it and wouldn't allow any of those papers in my house. But I'd never say I won't buy it because I'm a Liverpool fan. I'd say I won't buy it because it's a disgusting lying rag and morally I help fund the hate it spreads.  I wouldn't buy it for someone either, and I'd explain that as the reason.  Abusing or screaming about being a Liverpool fan, especially from non-locals, I think just turns eyes to heaven from people not into football or with anything to do with the City.

So yes, don't buy it. But explain it reasonably and logically.  If he's an old boy ask him would he be happy to go and buy the "Gay Times" for someone or something like that.  As the way he'd feel buying that is how you feel about the Sun. Don't abuse him, and don't lecture him about football, detail the pain it caused your City, or if it's a non Liverpudlian, detail the hate, xenophobia, racism, homophobia, and the Hillsborough lies as your reason.

Al just in my opinion of course. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9