You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Quarter Finals - Dads Army vs Phoenix Nights

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Quarter Finals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Quarter Finals

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry, Stig, feeling really stressed out at the moment.

Anyway, I should probably have you on ignore for not liking corned beef hash and digestives.

Watch a few episodes of Phoenix Nights mate. x

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Probably the worst two left in, warm balls in the draw.

Forget your 70's classics, or the clever ones, or the nostalgic - I'm going to predict that the one that makes people laugh the most will win, and I reckon that is Pheonix Nights. 

12 hours ago, Trumo said:

Dads Army might be deemed a classic but I could never get into it at all. Phoenix Nights is Peter Kay at his best (ie, not doing stand-up).

Yeah,I agree. But while Kay made a major contribution to Phoenix Night as a writer so did others,such as Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey. This is why I feel its so good.

Phoenix nights is Brilliant the scene in the club with Den Perry Brian and Keith lard is fabulous 

" And no doubt we'll go for the grand final as well  if your looking for posters they are over by the toilets and speaking of shithouses I'd like to welcome Brian potter from the newly refurbished Phoenix club killed many pensioners this week Brian if you like your folk music with a touch of racism then Brian's your man " 

Gets me laughing every time 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Phoenix nights is Brilliant the scene in the club with Den Perry Brian and Keith lard is fabulous 

" And no doubt we'll go for the grand final as well  if your looking for posters they are over by the toilets and speaking of shithouses I'd like to welcome Brian potter from the newly refurbished Phoenix club killed many pensioners this week Brian if you like your folk music with a touch of racism then Brian's your man " 

Haha. Its full of scenes that have me in fits. You barely recover and something else is said. 

The Das Boot fruit machine going off during the Captains funeral has me in pieces. And...

"Whats that?!"

"Its a Horse"

"I can see its a horse but whats it doing in my Pennine suite?"

"Its pissed"

"get it a kebab" 

19 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

keith lard was brilliant. 

“You try getting an Alsatian to testify”

• Upvote 1