You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Quarter Finals - Peep Show vs Blackadder

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.  

70 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Blackadder isn’t in my top 16 favourite sitcoms of all time. I don’t dislike it, it’s very funny, there’s just plenty of others I prefer. That said, I voted for Blackadder, and it wasn’t close. Can’t stand Olivia Colman.

Yeah, her and Dobby were a big drag on Peep Show.

Very difficult this one.  Not watch series one of Blackadder for years, and I can't recall anything about it really.  2 is absolute genius.  3 and 4 excellent, but not touching the heights of the second one.  Not even watched the later ones - everything I've heard about them isn't good.

Peep Show consistently brilliant throughout.

I've gone for Peep Show because Ben Elton is a fucking cunt.

57 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Let me know when ‘Spaced’ is up for the vote. 

Think it got knocked out in one of the qualifiers in August, mate.

By The Royal Bodyguard.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Very difficult this one.  Not watch series one of Blackadder for years, and I can't recall anything about it really.  2 is absolute genius.  3 and 4 excellent, but not touching the heights of the second one.  Not even watched the later ones - everything I've heard about them isn't good.

Peep Show consistently brilliant throughout.

I've gone for Peep Show because Ben Elton is a fucking cunt.

Blackadder is an absolute classic. I've never seen Peep Show as a full episode but at best its scenes could be described as 'cult.' What is the problem with Ben Elton specifically?

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Blackadder is an absolute classic. I've never seen Peep Show as a full episode but at best its scenes could be described as 'cult.' What is the problem with Ben Elton specifically?

If you've never seen an episode of it, it's probably best you don't bother giving your opinion on it. 

32 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Blackadder has series one.

For that alone it should always have an asterisk next to it.

If you haven’t seen how bad comedy can be then treat yourself to the ‘forgotten’ first series, before Elton came along, it’s truly awful.

Have to agree with this. Blackadder is pretty lonesome at the top of my list, but that is mostly a testament to the brilliance of series 2-4. I've tried to rewatch series 1, but it's just excruciatingly bad.

36 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Blackadder has series one.

For that alone it should always have an asterisk next to it.

If you haven’t seen how bad comedy can be then treat yourself to the ‘forgotten’ first series, before Elton came along, it’s truly awful.

Nah, the first one's OK. The Witchsmeller Pursuivant and final episodes are very good. 

Blackadder Series 1 is fine.  Obviously the character is a load different because he's a simpering fool, rather than the caustic world weary smart alec in the other series. 

The one where he tries to get out of marrying the ugly Portuguese princess by dressing gay and then ends up married and in bed with a 9 year old probably wouldn't pass the pc test these days though.

Fresh Horses!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Blackadder Series 1 is fine.  Obviously the character is a load different because he's a simpering fool, rather than the caustic world weary smart alec in the other series. 

The one where he tries to get out of marrying the ugly Portuguese princess by dressing gay and then ends up married and in bed with a 9 year old probably wouldn't pass the pc test these days though.

Fresh Horses!

I like that Baldrick is the clever one in the first series. Percy's still a fool whatever though.