You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Site plans during the lockdown

dave u

While you are messing in the archives Dave PLEASE dig out the Roy Hodgson megathread. There‘s enough entertainment in there to keep us going till next season. I remember a dope from Dublin who must have been woy‘s bastard son the way he defended him to the end. It was comedy gold.

1 hour ago, Peter Cormack said:

While you are messing in the archives Dave PLEASE dig out the Roy Hodgson megathread. There‘s enough entertainment in there to keep us going till next season. I remember a dope from Dublin who must have been woy‘s bastard son the way he defended him to the end. It was comedy gold.

There was a thread saying ‘Roy reminds me of Bob’

I’m stuck in Thailand until Sunday because of CoronaAids, if someone like @Sugar Ape or some other upstanding winner can bump that thread that ended up someone asking for a name change to “hodgsonisacunt” 

I may have a lot of the details wrong here and I make no apologies because I’m smashing my way through bottles of Leo like it’s the end of the world. 

Thanks muchly. X

16 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I’m stuck in Thailand until Sunday because of CoronaAids, if someone like @Sugar Ape or some other upstanding winner can bump that thread that ended up someone asking for a name change to “hodgsonisacunt” 

I may have a lot of the details wrong here and I make no apologies because I’m smashing my way through bottles of Leo like it’s the end of the world. 

Thanks muchly. X

Page 19

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Thanks muchly. X

Drinking another man's piss,have you no shame?

On 18/03/2020 at 16:06, dave u said:

With things being quiet on the footy front at some point soon I'll close the site for a day or two to upgrade the software. Not sure when I'll do it but I'll give you plenty of notice.

In terms of content for the subscribers, there's obviously no match reports or round ups on the immediate horizon but I will try to keep the diary going as long as there's stuff to comment on.

I want to try and keep giving you value for money though so to replace the match reports I've had an idea.

"Time Machine Match Reports"

Basically I'm going to do reports on memorable games from the past but I'll be writing them as though I'm there at that time and have no knowledge of what happens over the following years.

So, for example. The first one is going to be the 1986 FA Cup Final. I'll be writing a report on that game as though I'm writing it in 1986. 

Obviously these will be a lot harder to write than current reports because I need to do some research to see what was happening in and around these games as I want to write them in the same style I would do games taking place now. The reports aren't going to be "after ten minutes Dalglish put one on a plate for Rush and we took the lead" as that's not my style. I want to make them as close to how I'd write it normally, so to do that I'll actually need to do some background research.

I'd like to do one a week but that might be overly ambitious depending on what resources are available, so in terms of the frequency we'll play that by ear.

The biggest complication is that I'll only do reports on games where I have access to the full 90 minutes, but getting the full 90 minutes of old games isn't easy.

I've got various cup finals from the 60s, 70s and 80s (ideally I don't want to do anything later than those anyway) and I've got the Forest 5-0, but other than that I'll be struggling so if anyone can point me in the direction of full 90 minute videos then that would be great.

I'll hopefully have the first one ready to post in a few days.

The Guardian are absolutely mugging you off, Dave. 

F72E722D-2B65-40F5-8F10-2FB93BE1B309.jpeg

Been laid low with this bastard virus. All three of us have had it. Adrianna is fine but me and Gail have barely been able to move since Thursday. 

I was doing the diary last week but was too ill to finish it. The last hour or so I've suddenly started feeling more like normal so hopefully I've turned the corner now. Will try and get it finished when I'm up to it, so will probably just do a two week diary and post up this weekend.

I'd started on the match report from the 86 final too. Was making good progress on it until I got sick. Looking at posting that next Monday, as the plan is to post the reports up on Mondays just like normal.

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Been laid low with this bastard virus. All three of us have had it. Adrianna is fine but me and Gail have barely been able to move since Thursday. 

I was doing the diary last week but was too ill to finish it. The last hour or so I've suddenly started feeling more like normal so hopefully I've turned the corner now. Will try and get it finished when I'm up to it, so will probably just do a two week diary and post up this weekend.

I'd started on the match report from the 86 final too. Was making good progress on it until I got sick. Looking at posting that next Monday, as the plan is to post the reports up on Mondays just like normal.

Flamin eck. I didn't know this. I hope you are cunting it in the bastard. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Christ mate best wishes possible to you and the family. x 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Fucks sake Dave. Hope it hasn't affected your hair. 

Get well soon all of you. X

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic