You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sitcom Amnesty Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I've had another think about it and Luv was a huge pile of wank as well. And Butterflies was terrible. Fuck off Carla Lane. 

When she set up that animal sanctuary with the money she made from them piles of shit , they should have fed her to her dogs like the bastard in Game of Thrones

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The Liver Birds was shite. So was Bread. 

4 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

They were. Bread was Fucking Rubbish.

Yeah they were fucking dreadful.

It speaks volumes that the biggest laugh in any given episode of bread was the Joey character walking in and saying "Greetings". Comedy genius. Much.

22 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

George and Mildred was good, as was the series it was a spin off from, Man About the House. Sally Thomsett was a cutie back in the day.

Black Books is a favourite of mine.

No mentions for The Liver Birds on a Liverpool forum?

And another spin off was Robins Nest, which was one of Alan Partridges favourites......"they had a one armed dish washer for goodness sake......."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

There are a few good episodes of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads. The Christmas episode is excellent too. 

Great quote from Terry Collier ( James Bolam) in one episode...."Im not a violent man but when I see Duggie Scaife Im gonna kick his bloody teeth in"

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah they were fucking dreadful.

It speaks volumes that the biggest laugh in any given episode of bread was the Joey character walking in and saying "Greetings". Comedy genius. Much.

I seem to recall admirers of the show taking great delight in sharing a line about "Mongy's bollocks".

Carla fucking Lane.

Comedy fucking genius.

9 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I liked 15 Storeys High. Never seen anybody else ever mention it. Too good for in here like. 

That was Sean Lock wasnt it? I remember laughing at it a few times in a very off the wall way if you know what I mean 

23 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I think I saw about 2 minutes of this. Truly horrendous, I don't think an amnesty thread should save it, it was that bad.

Yeah, you might be right. I was in my first serious relationship at the time and she liked it. So, I was happy to laugh along. I think I got a blow job during one episode. A hand job at the very least.