You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Arsenal and Tottenham interested in Lovren

TLW

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

@aRdja When did you turn into such a sly negger? Don’t get me wrong, everyone loves a sly meg every now and then, but it seems like you’re not willing to share your reasons for negging anymore. Just making yourself feel better? 

Attention. 

It's comical that it wants everyone to forget it's Lovren love in started when he was slaughtering the much superior Matip.   Got a great wee reaction from it and runs with it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Attention. 

It's comical that it wants everyone to forget it's Lovren love in started when he was slaughtering the much superior Matip.   Got a great wee reaction from it and runs with it. 

Yeah, he and I would disagree a lot about Matip and Lovren. He won’t ever see sense. He’s actually a lot like Code. 

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Attention. 

Yeah he gave Matip it none stop. Doesn’t like our players attacked by fans though, no sir.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So we must not give one of our players stick for their performance on the pitch but it’s ok to insult them and billions of others because I presume you aren’t religious.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a stretch VD. Not sure where you’re going with here mate.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, you shouldn't because there is no comparison between Gerrard and O'Shea. One was a top player and the other was an occasional starter and squad player. Lovren and Luiz on the other hand are pretty comparable. And Luiz was just better.

One of them was a starting CB in a Champions League winning side, one wasn't. One of them won the league and made the PFA Team of the season that year, one will win the league as a 4th choice. One was the subject of 50m transfer moves, one wasn't. 

You just keep changing the goalposts. Luiz is one of the worst defenders in the league, Chelsea let him go for peanuts... and now Arsenal want to replace the cunt with Lovren, because he’s been embarassingly shite for them. What next? “But he seems like a more personable guy compared to Lovren”

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You just keep changing the goalposts. Luiz is one of the worst defenders in the league, Chelsea let him go for peanuts... and now Arsenal want to replace the cunt with Lovren, because he’s been embarassingly shite for them. What next? “But he seems like a more personable guy compared to Lovren”

Luiz has been a better defender than Lovren, throughout their respective careers. The point is simple. Not sure why you're complicating what I've said. 

11 hours ago, Funkasy said:

He would not improve arsenal, hes just as a comical defender as the rest of them there, just more of the same. 

Do you not think? Yes, he's a liability on his day, but he's mostly fine. I'm not saying he's going to go in and be their new Tony Adams or Sol Campbell or something, I just don't think he's as consistently poor as their defenders. He's a brain dlfart player who's good until he brain farts. Then you might as well sub him as he'll spend all game trying to make up for his brain fart, normally making even more errors in the process. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Luiz has had a better career than Lovren. That's just a fact. He's more talented too. 

You can have a better career and have more talent, but be a worse defender - and what has happened previously in their career matters little, it's what they can offer over the comings seasons. I don't want either of them near our team, but of I was forced to pick one to play centre back, it would be lovren every time. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You can have a better career and have more talent, but be a worse defender - and what has happened previously in their career matters little, it's what they can offer over the comings seasons. I don't want either of them near our team, but of I was forced to pick one to play centre back, it would be lovren every time. 

Luiz is 33, he's washed. So is Lovren. Neither are good enough. But if you asked me whether I'd take Lovren in his prime or Luiz in his prime, it's Luiz every day of the week, twice on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Luiz has been a better defender than Lovren, throughout their respective careers. The point is simple. Not sure why you're complicating what I've said. 

Because you’ve fucking danced around the point.

Luiz is a horrible defender, I’ve been saying for a while now and he’s been steadily getting worse too since. Lovren is a far better defender than Luiz. 

Whether “Luiz has had a better career” or “Luiz a more talented footballer” is irrelevant. Pedro has had a better career than Salah, and in all likelihood Salah will never win as many trophies as the shit Spaniard... who’s the better right winger?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Luiz is 33, he's washed. So is Lovren. Neither are good enough. But if you asked me whether I'd take Lovren in his prime or Luiz in his prime, it's Luiz every day of the week, twice on Sunday. 

I can't be the only one wondering when Lovern's prime was.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well the way our fixtures have been this season, we could certainly do with a player who can play twice on a Sunday. 

But I'm.juet saying if you had to pick one for next season, I'd pick lovren. He's a nightmare, but he'd improve them imo, they're a mid table team. 

Luiz is completely done. I don't think lovren is quite there yet. 

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That’s just wrong. Luiz was a decent defensive midfielder but a horribly inconsistent defender with no footballing brain. He was a remarkably fitting signing for what the Arsenal defence has degenerated into. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

On top of it, I'm pretty sure Luiz has a more impressive clanger compilation on Youtube.

Luiz captained Brazil to their most unspeakably humiliating World Cup defeat ever.

Lovren was a key part of Croatia's - or any Balkan country's - most successful World Cup campaign. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That’s just wrong. Luiz was a decent defensive midfielder but a horribly inconsistent defender with no footballing brain. He was a remarkably fitting signing for what the Arsenal defence has degenerated into. 

You've just described Lovren. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Because you’ve fucking danced around the point.

Luiz is a horrible defender, I’ve been saying for a while now and he’s been steadily getting worse too since. Lovren is a far better defender than Luiz. 

Whether “Luiz has had a better career” or “Luiz a more talented footballer” is irrelevant. Pedro has had a better career than Salah, and in all likelihood Salah will never win as many trophies as the shit Spaniard... who’s the better right winger?

In truth, I just prefer Luiz. I think he's way more talented, he won more stuff. Calling Luiz a clown for the hundredth time, and consistently defending Lovren, an also horrifically inconsistent defender at times just makes you look inconsistent and biased.