You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Arsenal and Tottenham interested in Lovren

TLW

Dejan Lovren could swapping life on Merseyside for North London with both Arsenal and Tottenham interested in the veteran defender.

The Mirror (via Sky Sports) reports that both clubs are looking for defensive reinforcements and Lovren is the sort of player who could add valuable leadership.

The Croatian who has made 14 appearances this season has been linked to the Serie A during the last few transfer windows, but Jürgen Klopp was very keen to keep the 30 year old as defensive cover.

Lovren still has over a year to run on his current contract, but it is believed much like Adam Lallana he will be on the lookout for a new club this summer in the quest for more playing time.

Lovren is the definition of someone who splits opinion in the fanbase.

Some are very quick to point out his flaws as seen in his most recent outing against Watford where the Reds lost for the first time this season.

While the team as a collective unit had a very rare shocker, it was the performance of the centre back which was forensically examined by all in sundry, with his direct opponent on the evening Troy Deeney even chipping in a few barbs for good measure.

lovren1_600.jpg

But there are others who see Lovren as the consummate teammate, someone who supports others, does not cause any fuss and is willing to play any kind of role when called upon for the club he truly loves.

If Lovren does sign for either of the North London rivals, he will bring a impressive resume which includes being a starter in a World Cup and Champions League final.

View full article

He’d be badly exposed in and arsenal defence and I can’t see mourinho being happy with him but you’d think a more defensive set up would help him. 

he’s a weird one I don’t think he’s as bad as some say, but he’s not as good as he thinks either. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

His stand-out worst performance was against Spurs.

I'd love to see their fans' faces if they sign him.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Spurs, and based almost solely on that game he believes Lovren to be one of the worst defenders he's ever seen play for a big club. I would therefore absolutely love to see him move to Spurs.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sh#t waffle said:

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Spurs, and based almost solely on that game he believes Lovren to be one of the worst defenders he's ever seen play for a big club. I would therefore absolutely love to see him move to Spurs.

Coming from someone who watches Aurier and Sanchez on a regular basis that is some claim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He does ok in a few games and some people think he's actually not that bad but then just either goes to pieces or makes horrendous mistakes. I actually thought he played well in the Kiev final. But he's had more bad games than good unfortunately. 

It doesnt help that he seems to like talking to the press a lot and also bigs himself up at every opportunity. Maybe that's because he gets a lot of grief when he makes a mistake and is a bit too defensive about his ability. 

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

He does ok in a few games and some people think he's actually not that bad but then just either goes to pieces or makes horrendous mistakes. I actually thought he played well in the Kiev final. But he's had more bad games than good unfortunately. 

It doesnt help that he seems to like talking to the press a lot and also bigs himself up at every opportunity. Maybe that's because he gets a lot of grief when he makes a mistake and is a bit too defensive about his ability. 

I wish he was a bit more defensive in his defending.

14 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

But he's had more bad games than good unfortunately.

I think he's had many more good games than bad. Some of the bad have been very costly and high-profile, though, but he also deserves credit for displaying some great form subsequent to these bad days.

Not every footballer is Virgil Van Dijk and whoever we might bring in as a replacement won't be at that level either.

Anyway, he and we will always  have this:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think he's had many more good games than bad. Some of the bad have been very costly and high-profile, though, but he also deserves credit for displaying some great form subsequent to these bad days.

Not every footballer is Virgil Van Dijk and whoever we might bring in as a replacement won't be at that level either.

Defence was diabolical that night.    The thing he actually was signed for. 

Bit like posting Coates goal against QPR. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Genuinely thought our name was on the trophy after that goal. 

• Upvote 2